This Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce is indulging, yet guilt-free! It is low carb, healthy, and satisfying!
What are you eating?
Do you ever wonder what other people eat for the holidays? Maybe it’s because I am a foodie, but I do. Well, this Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce is what I had on Christmas Day.
Yes, I know, why is Willow posting a recipe she ate on Christmas when it is May. Well, I just happen to have about three months worth of recipes waiting to be posted at any given time. Sometimes newer recipes take priority and the older ones get bumped to a lower spot in the pile. Also, I wanted to post this around the time zucchini are in season.
There are times when a recipe gets posted a year after creating it. That usually happens when I have a recipe with an out of season ingredient. By the time I am ready to post it, the season has ended. I guess I need to plan better!
I eat differently than a lot of people I know during the holidays. I don’t usually go for traditional American foods. Instead, I tend to go for foods like Avocado Sushi, Bean and Corn Enchiladas, or lasagna.
I love to see what other people eat in general, which is why I watch travel shows to learn about cuisines from around the world. I find it fascinating. Not to mention, I love to find something new that I have never had and veganize it.
You’d be surprised at how adaptable most recipes are.
Low Carb, Big Flavor
I was eating low carb for several months, and I knew the week before Christmas that I wanted something that was low carb, but that had big flavor. I wanted something that I felt like I was indulging in; something comforting, but guilt-free.
That is exactly what I accomplished with this recipe. You won’t even miss the pasta noodles, I promise! Thinly sliced zucchini take their place. This has a basil infused tofu ricotta and a sun-dried tomato walnut sauce. What more do you need in a lasagna?This Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce is indulging, yet guilt-free! Click To Tweet
Some other low carb recipes with big flavor you may like:
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos
- Lentil and Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Cauliflower
I think when I was looking at my other healthy, comforting recipes, I had cauliflower on the brain!
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce
- Walnut Sauce
- 1 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes,chopped
- Tofu Ricotta (the whole batch)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix walnuts, marinara sauce (reserve 3/4 cup for the pan), and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Slice zucchini 1/16″ lenthwise on a mandoline.
- In an 8×9″ pan, pour 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Next, place zucchini noodles on marinara sauce, overlapping each slice. Spread 1/3 of tofu ricotta over zucchini noodles. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of tofu ricotta. Pour 1/2 of walnut sauce on top.
- Layer more zucchini noodles, then 1/3 of tofu ricotta, nutritional yeast, and rest of walnut sauce. Finish with layer of zucchini noodles, tofu ricotta, and nutritional yeast. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.