This easy Chipotle Mint Lemonade is sweet, smoky, and minty. Add some vodka for a refreshing cocktail!
A couple of weeks ago I went out for my birthday to an Indian restaurant. On the menu was a Chipotle Mint Lemonade. I love chipotle, so I was intrigued. It was fabulous! I knew I had to create it at home. In my recipe I used crushed chipotle chili. I figured they might have used powdered, but I didn’t realize until I got home that I bought crushed, and I don’t remember seeing powdered at the store anyway. You could use the adobo sauce that chipotle chilis come in, which I may try next time. I used mostly agave syrup to sweeten this, with a little sugar for the muddling process.
I am so happy that first of all I ordered this, and secondly that I made it at home. The combination is so good. It is sweet, smoky, and minty. It makes a great cocktail too. After tasting it as a lemonade, I added some vodka.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Chipotle Mint Lemonade
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed chipotle chili
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz. vodka (optional)
- Muddle dried crushed chipotle chili, mint leaves, and sugar together until leaves and chili are crushed, and you have a chunky paste.
- Mix together chili mint paste, agave syrup, water and lemon juice.
- Add ice and vodka if using and serve.