This Vanilla Simple Syrup can be used in coffee, tea, or desserts. Made with vanilla bean or vanilla extract, it comes together in minutes.
This Vanilla Simple Syrup is the perfect addition to coffee or tea. It elevates anything you use it on.
Pour it over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream.
It's simple and easy to make. It can be made with a vanilla bean or vanilla extract.
Another sweet topping is my Easy Raspberry Compote. It also goes well with pancakes and ice cream.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is really versatile.
- It is made in minutes.
- It elevates anything you add it to.
- Vanilla bean or vanilla extract: I prefer vanilla bean, but you can use either one.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness. You could also use brown sugar.
- Water: Mixes with the sugar to make the syrup.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: If using a vanilla bean, cut it in half, slice down the middle, and scrape the seeds out.
Step 2: In a small saucepan, add vanilla bean pod and seeds or vanilla extract along with sugar and water.
Step 3: Bring water to a boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Pull out the vanilla bean pod.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Vanilla simple syrup is made with sugar, water, and vanilla bean or vanilla extract.
Simple syrup should have a thin consistency. It is thicker than water.
Other Simple Syrup Recipes
If you tried this Vanilla Simple Syrup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- If using ½ vanilla bean, split down the middle and scrape the seeds out.
- Place vanilla bean pod and seeds or vanilla extract in a small saucepan with water and sugar.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Pull out vanilla bean pod.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.