This Chocolate Simple Syrup is sweet, rich, and chocolaty. Made in minutes with only four ingredients. Add it to coffee, desserts, or pancakes.
This Chocolate Simple Syrup is the perfect addition to your morning coffee. It adds a wonderful chocolate flavor.
It only takes about 5 minutes to make with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Add this vegan syrup to cocktails, kombucha, chocolate milk, or lattes. Drizzle it on Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Vegan French Toast, 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake, Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, and more.
I like to use it for Chocolate Bubble Tea. I soak the tapioca boba in the chocolate simple syrup to soak up all that chocolaty goodness.
It could also be used in Chocolate Kombucha in place of maple syrup and cacao powder.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is simple and easy to make in about 5 minutes.
- It is sweet and delicious.
- It can be added to so many things!
- Cacao powder: I used raw cacao powder. You can also use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Brown sugar: I like brown sugar because of its rich flavor. You could also use white sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances the flavors. You could leave it out.
- Water: Mix with the brown sugar to make the syrup.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond extract
- Peppermint extract
Step 1: Pour water, cacao powder, and brown sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Whisk to dissolve all the cacao powder.
Step 2: Turn off the heat and add vanilla extract. Remove from the heat, let cool, and pour into a mason jar.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Simple syrup consists of equal parts water and sugar heated down to syrup. I used brown sugar instead of white sugar, cacao powder, and vanilla extract for this simple syrup with chocolate.
Simple syrup is a thin syrup. The consistency is slightly thicker than water.
Yes, this simple syrup recipe needs to be refrigerated. Place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
More Simple Syrup Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Simple Syrup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Simple Syrup
- Pour water, brown sugar, and cacao powder into a small saucepan. Simmer on medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Whisk until all the solids have dissolved.
- Turn off heat and add vanilla extract. Let cool and pour into a mason jar. Store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.