This creamy Avocado Pesto Potato Salad is the perfect side for Summer. Made with avocado pesto, mustard, and vegan mayo.
This Avocado Pesto Potato Salad is made with an avocado basil pesto that also pairs well with veggies, a sandwich, or pasta.
Nothing says Summer like a potato salad. The whole family will love this healthy side dish.
Another recipe to try is my Potato Salad with Miso.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy and flavorful.
- It is easy to make.
- It's a fun take on a classic.
- Potatoes: I used Yukon Gold potatoes. You could also use red potatoes.
- Avocado basil pesto: I used homemade avocado basil pesto. It adds a rich creamy flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. You could also use rice vinegar.
- Vegan mayo: Adds a rich creamy flavor.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard or yellow mustard will work.
- Lemon zest: Adds a wonderfully concentrated lemon flavor.
- Fresh basil: Adds a fresh flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Place Yukon Gold potatoes in cold salted water. Bring to a boil.
Step 2: Lower temperature to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and immediately pour apple cider vinegar over the potatoes so that they absorb the flavor.
Step 3: Mix avocado basil pesto with vegan mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper. The video below shows the avocado basil pesto.
Step 4: Drain potatoes and add dressing. Top with lemon zest and chopped basil.
- So that the potatoes cook evenly, place them in cold water, then bring to a boil.
- Generously salt the water.
- After the potatoes are cooked, pour apple cider vinegar over them and let sit. The apple cider vinegar imparts a nice vinegar flavor without it being overwhelming.
- When making the dressing, taste it to see if you need to adjust anything. You may want more or less of an ingredient than I have listed.
- You may want to make extra avocado basil pesto and serve it with veggies, on pasta, or on a sandwich.
How Much Potato Salad Per Person
You can figure each person will eat about ½ cup each, so this potato salad will serve 8 people.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
It adds a wonderful tangy flavor.
This vegan potato salad is made with Yukon Gold potatoes, avocado basil pesto, vegan mayo, lemon zest, mustard, and apple cider vinegar.
Other Summer Side Dishes
If you tried this Avocado Pesto Potato Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover potatoes. Generously season with salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and place in a mixing bowl. Pour apple cider vinegar over the top while potatoes are still hot. Gently mix. Let sit while you make the pesto mixture.
- Mix avocado basil pesto, vegan mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain the vinegar from the potatoes. Mix with the pesto mixture. Top with lemon zest and chopped basil.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.