This creamy Avocado Pesto Potato Salad is the perfect side for Summer. Made with avocado pesto, mustard, and vegan mayo.
This Avocado Pesto Potato Salad is made with an avocado basil pesto that also pairs well with veggies, a sandwich, or pasta.This creamy Avocado Pesto Potato Salad is the perfect side for Summer. Made with avocado pesto, mustard, and vegan mayo. Click To Tweet
How to Make Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
Place Yukon Gold potatoes in cold salted water. Bring to a boil. Lower temperature to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and immediately pour apple cider vinegar over potatoes so that they absorb the flavor.
Mix avocado basil pesto with vegan mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper. Drain potatoes and add dressing. Top with lemon zest and chopped basil.
Other Summer Side Dishes
- Sriracha Cole Slaw
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
- Citrus and Pomegranate Salad
- So that the potatoes cook evenly, place them in cold water, then bring to a boil.
- Generously salt the water.
- After the potatoes are cooked, pour apple cider vinegar over them and let sit. The apple cider vinegar imparts a nice vinegar flavor without it being overwhelming.
- When making the dressing, taste it to see if you need to adjust anything. You may want more or less of an ingredient than I have listed.
- You may want to make extra avocado basil pesto and serve it with veggies, on pasta, or on a sandwich.
How Much Potato Salad Per Person
You can figure each person will eat about ½ cup each, so this potato salad will serve 8 people.
Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover potatoes. Generously season with salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and place in a mixing bowl. Pour apple cider vinegar over the top while potatoes are still hot. Gently mix. Let sit while you make the pesto mixture.
- Mix avocado basil pesto, vegan mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain the vinegar from the potatoes. Mix with the pesto mixture. Top with lemon zest and chopped basil.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.