This easy Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese is rich and savory. Made in minutes, it's perfect for a weeknight meal.
This hearty vegan grilled cheese is made with avocado basil pesto, sliced avocados, and vegan mozzarella on your favorite bread.This easy Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese is rich and savory. Made in minutes, it's perfect for a weeknight meal. Click To Tweet
How to Make Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese
Mix avocado, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, olive oil, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor. Spread on bread. Layer sliced avocado and vegan mozzarella on top.
Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Other Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Grilled Cheese
- Vegan Monte Cristo
- Vegan Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Red Pepper
- Vegan Enchilada Grilled Cheese
- After making the sandwich, spread vegan mayo on the slice of bread facing you. Flip it and place it in a hot skillet so that you're cooking the grilled cheese in the vegan mayo. Alternatively, you could use vegan butter. While it's cooking, spread more vegan mayo on the top slice (the one facing you).
- To help melt the vegan cheese, place a heat-proof metal bowl or a frying pan lid over the top of the sandwich creating a dome. This works best when the lid is smaller than the pan and just covers the sandwich.
- You could also place an open-faced sandwich under the broiler for a few minutes. Some vegan cheeses melt better than others, so it all depends on which you use. You can see from my photos that my cheese could have been melted longer.
Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese Recipe
This avocado pesto grilled cheese takes vegan grilled cheese to another level.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I used the bread pictured below. It is soft and fluffy like white bread.
It is Northern Bakehouse millet chia bread. I highly recommend it.
Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Spread avocado basil pesto on a slice of bread. Top with vegan mozzarella, basil, and sliced avocado. Sprinkle salt on top of avocado.
- Spread ½ the vegan mayo on the outside of one of the slices of bread. Place the mayo side down on a skillet. While the sandwich is cooking spread the other ½ of mayo on the slice of bread facing you. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.