These portable Mexican Brownie Bites are sweet with a hint of spice. They're easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I really love energy bites. They are not only easy to make, they're perfect for a road trip or on the go.
Being gluten free and vegan, it's nice to have a snack to bring with me even when running errands. It saves me money from buying protein bars and I get to control the ingredients.
These Mexican Brownie Bites are a healthy snack while tasting like a dessert.These portable Mexican Brownie Bites are sweet with a hint of spice. They're easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Snacks
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Sesame Crunch Bars
- Cashew Cranberry Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
How to Make This Recipe
Mix dates, cacao powder, almond flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt, and water in a food processor until thoroughly mixed.
Fold in chocolate chips. Roll into balls and store in the fridge.
- Soak dates in hot water to soften them, if needed.
- If you need more than 2 tablespoons of water to form balls, add a very small amount at a time.
- If you find the dough is sticking to your hands, place batter in the fridge for an hour so that it's easier to form balls.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Mexican Brownie Bites
- If your dates are hard soak them in hot water, then drain.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form bite sized balls and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.