These portable Mexican Brownie Bites are sweet with a hint of spice. They're easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I really love energy bites. They are not only easy to make, they're perfect for a road trip or on the go.
Being gluten-free and vegan, it's nice to have a snack to bring with me even when running errands. It saves me money from buying protein bars and I get to control the ingredients.
These Mexican Brownie Bites are a healthy snack while tasting like a dessert. They were inspired by my No-Bake Fudgy Vegan Brownies.
You might also like my Vegan Edible Brownie Batter.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They are simple and easy to make.
- They are a healthy snack that tastes like a dessert.
- They are portable.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Dates: Helps the dough stick together and adds sweetness. You could also use maple syrup or agave syrup. If you do you'll use less than what's listed for the amount of dates and you won't need water. You'll also need more almond flour and cacao powder.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds a chocolaty flavor.
- Almond flour: Adds a nutty flavor. You could also use oat flour.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: Add a warming spice flavor.
- Cayenne pepper: Adds a spicy flavor.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Chocolate chips: You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
Step 1: Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips into a food processor.
Step 2: Mix to combine.
Step 3: Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 4: Roll into balls and store in the fridge.
- Soak dates in hot water to soften them, if needed.
- If you need more than 2 tablespoons of water to form balls, add a very small amount at a time.
- If you find the dough is sticking to your hands, place the batter in the fridge for an hour so that it's easier to form balls.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Packed with dates, cacao powder, and almond flour, these energy bites are a healthy snack.
These energy bites will last 7 days in an airtight container in the fridge, and several months in the freezer.
Other Vegan Snacks
If you tried this Mexican Brownie Bites Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Mexican Brownie Bites
- If your dates are hard soak them in hot water, then drain.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form bite sized balls and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.