This healthy Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar is sweet and rich. It tastes just like classic cookie dough.
Who doesn't love cookie dough? This edible Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar is not only safe to eat, but it has chickpeas and peanut butter so you don't have a sugar spike.
Eat it by the spoonful or as a dip with apple slices, graham crackers or pretzels. It has a thick creamy texture just like classic cookie dough.
Made with oat flour it is safe to eat unlike cookie dough with raw flour.
For some cookies, try my Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans): Adds a creamy texture and protein.
- Oat flour: I used homemade oat flour by grinding rolled oats in my Nutribullet with the milling blade. You could also use almond flour. Both are safe to eat raw.
- Peanut butter: Shelf stable or natural peanut butter will both work.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or date paste.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Dark chocolate baking chunks: I like dark chocolate for the flavor. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
In a food processor, mix drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans), peanut butter, maple syrup, oat flour, vanilla extract, and salt. If you don't have oat flour, you can make it by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or Nutribullet with the milling blade.
Fold in dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips.
Can I Bake It?
For this vegan cookie dough recipe I used my Vegan Chickpea Blondies with Oat Flour recipe as inspiration. I omitted baking powder and added slightly more maple syrup. I also used dark chocolate baking chunks instead of chocolate chips.
If you want bars or cookies, you could use that recipe. I haven't made the blondies into cookies, but if I were to try it, I would bake them for 8-12 minutes.
This recipe will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Roasted and salted peanuts, dried cranberries or raisins, and pumpkin seeds to make a trail mix cookie dough
- Almond flour or another flour - make sure to check first if the flour you use needs to be heat treated.
🍪 Other Vegan Desserts
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients (except dark chocolate baking chunks) in a food processor.
- Fold in dark chocolate baking chunks.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply