This healthy Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar is sweet and rich. It tastes just like classic cookie dough.
Who doesn't love cookie dough? This edible Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar is not only safe to eat, but it has chickpeas and peanut butter so you don't have a sugar spike.
Eat it by the spoonful or as a dip with apple slices, graham crackers, or pretzels. It has a thick creamy texture just like classic cookie dough.
Made with oat flour it is safe to eat, unlike cookie dough with raw flour.
For some cookies, try my Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie recipe.
Another recipe to try is my Sun-Dried Tomato Chickpea Basil Salad Sandwich.
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans): Adds a creamy texture and protein.
- Oat flour: I used homemade oat flour by grinding rolled oats in my Nutribullet with the milling blade. You could also use almond flour. Both are safe to eat raw.
- Peanut butter: Shelf stable or natural peanut butter will both work.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or date paste.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Dark chocolate baking chunks: I like dark chocolate for the flavor. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter, or sunflower seed butter
- Roasted and salted peanuts, dried cranberries or raisins, and pumpkin seeds to make a trail mix cookie dough
- Almond flour or another flour - make sure to check first if the flour you use needs to be heat treated.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 2: Fold in dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips.
Can I Bake It?
For this vegan cookie dough recipe I used my Vegan Chickpea Blondies with Oat Flour recipe as inspiration. I omitted baking powder and added slightly more maple syrup. I also used dark chocolate baking chunks instead of chocolate chips.
If you want bars or cookies, you could use that recipe. I haven't made the blondies into cookies, but if I were to try it, I would bake them for 8-12 minutes.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, this edible cookie dough is safe to eat. It doesn't contain eggs, and the flour does not need to be heat treated.
This edible cookie dough will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yes, this edible cookie dough recipe needs to be refrigerated.
🍪 Other Vegan Desserts
If you tried this Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Without Brown Sugar
- Mix all the ingredients (except dark chocolate baking chunks) in a food processor.
- Fold in dark chocolate baking chunks.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.