You would never know there are chickpeas in these sweet fudgy Vegan Chickpea Blondies with Oat Flour.
I love sneaking healthy ingredients into recipes where you don't know that they're in there.
These Vegan Chickpea Blondies with Oat Flour have not only chickpeas but peanut butter and oat flour as well. They are a filling snack or dessert.
Chickpeas make a great addition to bars because they add a creamy texture as well as help to hold the bars together.
Another recipe to try is my Vegan 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans): Makes the blondies fudgy and moist. Adds protein.
- Oat flour: I used oat flour, but you could also use gluten-free 1:1 baking flour or almond flour.
- Peanut butter: Adds more protein and acts as a binder.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness.
- Baking powder: Give them a little lift and a lighter texture.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Chocolate chips: Adds a sweet chocolaty flavor. You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup for the top.
These vegan blondies will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- If you have a peanut allergy you could use another nut butter or a seed butter.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or less chocolate chips. Just keep in mind wet to dry ingredient ratios. If you want more maple syrup for example, you will be adding more moisture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about a week, if you can control yourself!
- For Edible Chickpea Cookie Dough, leave out the baking powder and use ½ cup maple syrup.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Roasted and salted peanuts, dried cranberries or raisins, and pumpkin seeds to make trail mix blondies
- Almond flour or another flour
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Vegan Chickpea Blondies with Oat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Line a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips and push them into the bars.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.