You would never know there's chickpeas in these sweet fudgy Chickpea Blondies.
I love sneaking healthy ingredients into recipes where you don't know that they're in there. These Chickpea Blondies have not only chickpeas, but peanut butter and oat flour as well. They are a filling snack or dessert.
Chickpeas make a great addition to bars because they add a creamy texture as well as help to hold the bars together.
These are pretty much foolproof. I've made Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies and Trail Mix Blondies as well because they are so easy.
Mix chickpeas, oat flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor. If you don't have oat flour, you can make it by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or Nutribullet with the milling blade.
Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup for the top.
Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Spread mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top and push them into the bars.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
These vegan blondies will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- If you have a peanut allergy you could use another nut butter or a seed butter.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or less chocolate chips. Just keep in mind wet to dry ingredient ratios. If you want more maple syrup for example, you will be adding more moisture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about a week, if you can control yourself!
- For Chickpea Cookie Dough, leave out the baking powder and use ½ cup maple syrup.
Additions / Variations
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Roasted and salted peanuts, dried cranberries or raisins, and pumpkin seeds to make trail mix blondies
- Almond flour or another flour
Other Vegan Desserts
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Creamy Almond Butter Cups
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge.
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Line a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips and push them into the bars.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply