These moist rich Vegan Black Bean Brownies are extremely addictive. You would never know they are good for you!
During these crazy times, I have found solace in brownies and shopping. I have bought quite a few vegan handbags, as well as other fun things online.
I have made my Fudgy No-Bake Brownies numerous times as well as these Vegan Black Bean Brownies and some other bars that I'll be sharing in the coming weeks.
Mix black beans, tahini, maple syrup, cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a food processor. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup to sprinkle on top.
Spread mixture into an oiled or parchment lined baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of chocolate chips on top, and push into mixture. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
How Do They Taste?
These brownies taste moist, fudgy, and chocolatey! You cannot taste the black beans at all. There's tahini in them also, but you would never know it.
Other Vegan Desserts
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Creamy Almond Butter Cups
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- If you like moist rich fudgy brownies, this recipe is for you. If you prefer cakey brownies, these brownies will be too soft and moist for you.
- When doing the toothpick test (to check for doneness), keep in mind that there are a lot of chocolate chips, and you could hit one with the toothpick.
- Even though you cannot taste the tahini, you may want to use another seed or nut butter.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the black beans. Rinsing removes unwanted salt. Draining is necessary because they already add a lot of moisture - you don't need any excess water.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or less chocolate chips. Just keep in mind wet to dry ingredient ratios. If you want more maple syrup for example, you will be adding more moisture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about a week, if you can control yourself!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge.
Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- 15.5 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Coconut oil (optional - if not using parchment paper)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Oil a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with coconut oil, or line it with parchment paper. Spread mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the brownies to test them, keeping in mind you may hit a chocolate chip so it may not appear clean.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply