Add some spice to your holiday menu with these vegan Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
If you like spicy foods and are a sweet potato fan, these smoky Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes are for you. These vegan mashed potatoes are a great way to switch up your normal mashed potatoes.
They are really good on a Vegan Mexican Shepherd's Pie. They are also a great way to add some spicy fusion cuisine to your holiday menu.
I tend to gravitate toward Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, or Japanese cuisine even during the holidays.
I've been known to eat Vegan Green Corn Tamales, Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce, falafel and hummus, or vegan sushi on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
That's just how I roll.
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a fun way to spice up the holidays. Use the leftovers in a vegan quesadilla or taquitos.
If you've never had chipotle in adobo sauce, they are smoked jalapeños in a spiced tomato sauce. Chipotle peppers are hotter than jalapeños because they are from fully-ripened jalapeños.
As chiles ripen, the capsaicin (which causes their heat) increases. Chipotle peppers have a smoky taste.
You may also like my Vegan Sweet Potato and Toasted Pecan Soup, Vegan Sourdough Stuffing, and my Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's creamy and spicy.
- It adds variety to the holiday menu and it's an unexpected addition.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- Sweet potatoes
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened plain almond milk. You can use any dairy-free milk, just make sure it is plain and unsweetened.
- Vegan butter: I used Earth Balance. Use your favorite vegan butter.
- Chipotle in adobo sauce + some adobo sauce: If you have a gluten intolerance, make sure to read the labels. Many brands of chipotle in adobo contain wheat.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
When you pierce it with a sharp knife, it will slice easily into the potato.
Any dairy-free milk as long as it is plain and unsweetened.
Other Vegan Holiday Recipes
These vegan mashed potatoes have a kick from smoky spicy chipotle peppers.
If you tried this Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- food processor stand mixer or hand mixer
- Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket above water in a saucepan. Steam sweet potato for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Working in small batches, if necessary, blend all ingredients in a food processor or stand mixer until smooth. If you like a chunkier consistency, use a potato masher.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.