Add some spice to your holiday menu with these vegan Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
If you like spicy foods, and are a sweet potato fan, these smoky Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes are for you. These vegan mashed potatoes are a great way to switch up your normal mashed potatoes.
They are really good on a vegan shepherd's pie, which I have a recipe for that I will be posting in the next week or so. They are also a great way to add some spicy fusion cuisine to your holiday menu.
I tend to gravitate towards Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, or Japanese cuisine even during the holidays.
I've been known to eat Vegan Green Corn Tamales, Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce, falafel and hummus, or vegan sushi on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
That's just how I roll.
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a fun way to spice up the holidays. Use the leftovers in a vegan quesadilla or taquitos.
If you've never had chipotle in adobo sauce, they are smoked jalapeños in a spiced tomato sauce. Chipotle peppers are hotter than jalapeños because they are from fully-ripened jalapeños.
As chiles ripen, the capsaicin (which cause their heat) increases. Chipotle peppers have a smoky taste.
- Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- Candied Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Lentil and Mushroom Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Apples with Tahini Dressing
These vegan mashed potatoes have a kick from smoky spicy chipotle peppers.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the brand of chipotle in adobo I buy. It doesn't have wheat like some other brands.
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks (7 cups)
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance or olive oil
- 2 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Steam sweet potato for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Working in small batches, if necessary, blend in a food processor or stand mixer until smooth. If you like a chunkier consistency, use a potato masher.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply