This easy Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding feels indulgent but is quite healthy. Made with almond milk and cacao powder.
This Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding is a healthy way to start or end your day. Sweet, tart cherries compliment the sweet rich chocolate pudding.
Here, I blended the chia pudding to give it a creamy consistency, which is more like a traditional pudding texture.
If you’ve never had chia pudding before, I would suggest blending it because the unblended version, like my Tropical Chia Pudding can take a little getting used to.This easy Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding feels indulgent but is quite healthy. Made with almond milk and cacao powder. Click To Tweet
Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega 3s. I started eating them on a daily basis after I fractured my ankle since they contain a decent amount of calcium and magnesium.
They are a great item to keep stocked in the pantry since they last for a long time.
Since chia pudding is really healthy, it makes a wonderful snack, breakfast, or dessert. Make it for the kiddos for an after school snack.
Better yet, get them involved. It’s so easy to make that they can make it themselves.
Other Easy Desserts That You Might Like
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding
- Dark Cherry Acai Vegan Frozen Yogurt
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
What to Do With Chia Seeds?
Unless you buy chia seeds in the bulk, you’ll have some leftover chia seeds. Here are other ways to use them.
- Egg replacer in baked goods, pancakes, and French toast
- Chia fresca
- Homemade jam
How Long Does Chia Pudding Last?
Chia pudding will last about 4-5 days in the fridge. If I have leftover chia pudding and am not in the mood for it, I will add it to my morning smoothie to use it up.
How To Make Chia Pudding
Mix liquid with chia seeds. For this recipe I used almond milk, but full fat coconut milk tastes great too.
Let mixture sit so that chia seeds can do their magic. They get gelatinous when you add liquid to them.
You then add in fruit, cacao powder, or whatever flavors you want. If you want a traditional pudding texture, mix in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for a smooth consistency.
Tips For Making Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding
- Let chia seeds sit in liquid for at least 30 minutes to an hour so that they can get gelatinous.
- Mix the chocolate chia pudding in a high speed blender or Nutribullet to get a smooth, creamy consistency like a traditional pudding.
- Taste as you go. You may want more or less sweetener or cacao powder.
- To make this chia pudding keto and sugar free, use stevia or another sugar free sweetener.
Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding Recipe
This vegan chia pudding is a healthy snack or dessert.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It’s perfect for making this chia pudding with a traditional creamy texture.
Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge. Add the rest of chocolate chia pudding ingredients. Mix in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
- Layer chocolate chia pudding in a bowl with cherries and cacao nibs, if using.