Sweet dark chocolate comes together with crunchy cacao nibs to make these healthy Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs!
Cacao nibs are a pantry staple in my house. I like to top them on vegan yogurt and overnight oats. So covering them with sweet dark chocolate was a no-brainer.
If you like chocolate covered espresso beans, you will most likely like these. They have the same flavor profile.
What Do Cacao Nibs Taste Like?
If you have never had cacao nibs before, they have a bitter chocolaty flavor. Cacao nibs are pieces of roasted cacao bean and have no sugar.
Since they are bitter, they pair nicely with sweet dark chocolate. The result is a crunchy, sweet treat.
Do Cacao Nibs Have Caffeine?
Cacao nibs do have caffeine. According to the Navitas website (the brand of cacao nibs I have currently), cacao has 41 mg of caffeine per 3 tablespoons of cacao nibs.
Sweet dark chocolate comes together with crunchy cacao nibs to make these healthy Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs! Click To Tweet
Other Cacao Recipes
How to Make This Recipe
Add cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
Add cacao nibs and stir until coated. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to cool and set.
This is a fun chocolaty treat the whole family will love!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs
- 1 cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate baking chunks
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Place a heat proof bowl over a sauce pan filled with a couple of inches water (or use a double boiler). Pour chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat until smooth and melted.
- Add cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add cacao nibs and stir until all the nibs are coated.
- Using a fork, lift cacao nibs out and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.