Sweet dark chocolate comes together with crunchy cacao nibs to make these healthy Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs!
Cacao nibs are a pantry staple in my house. I like to top them with vegan yogurt and overnight oats. So covering them with sweet dark chocolate was a no-brainer.
If you like chocolate-covered espresso beans, you will most likely like these. They have the same flavor profile.
This is a fun chocolaty treat the whole family will love!
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They are sweet and crunchy.
- They are simple. and easy to make.
- They're made with only. a handful of ingredients.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Cacao nibs: Add a bitter chocolate flavor and crunchy texture. Another fun way to make them is my Candied Cacao Nibs Recipe.
- Chocolate: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Cinnamon: I like the warm spice flavor. You could leave it out.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 2: Add cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
Step 3: Add cacao nibs and stir until coated. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to cool and set.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Cacao nibs do have caffeine. According to the Navitas website (the brand of cacao nibs I have currently), cacao has 41 mg of caffeine per 3 tablespoons of cacao nibs.
If you have never had cacao nibs before, they have a bitter chocolaty flavor. Cacao nibs are pieces of roasted cacao beans and have no sugar.
Since they are bitter, they pair nicely with sweet dark chocolate. The result is a crunchy, sweet treat.
Other Vegan Chocolate Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs
- Place a heat proof bowl over a sauce pan filled with a couple of inches water (or use a double boiler). Pour chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat until smooth and melted.
- Add cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add cacao nibs and stir until all the nibs are coated.
- Using a fork, lift cacao nibs out and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.