This easy Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie is sweet and creamy. You'd never know there's cauliflower in it.
This Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie is made in minutes. With its sweet chocolaty taste and creamy texture, you would never guess there's cauliflower in it.
Smoothies are a great way to hide vegetables. Here the sweetness of banana and the rich bitter cacao powder hide the flavor of the cauliflower.
Another recipe with hidden veggies is my Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie.
Smoothies are also a great place to add beneficial spices like turmeric and ginger. My Turmeric Smoothie is sweet and full of healthy spices.
- Riced cauliflower: Has a mild flavor so you don't taste it. I used frozen riced cauliflower because it blends well into a smoothie. You could also use fresh cauliflower.
- Frozen banana: Adds a sweet creamy flavor.
- Chia seeds: Add a mild nutty flavor. Also adds protein and fiber.
- Cacao powder: For its bitter chocolate flavor. I used raw organic cacao powder, but you could also use cocoa powder.
- Vanilla coconut yogurt: Adds a sweet tart flavor.
- Oat milk: I used oat milk because it is sweet and creamy but you could use soy milk, almond milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Blend frozen riced cauliflower, frozen banana, chia seeds, cacao powder, vegan vanilla coconut yogurt, and oat milk in a Nutribullet or high speed blender.
- Pour into a glass.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothies are best made fresh to keep the nutrients.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Tropical fruit: pineapple, kiwi, acai, pomegranate
- Seeds: flax seeds, hemp seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- Greens: spinach, kale
- Veggies: zucchini, pumpkin, butternut squash
- Nut butters: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter
- Cacao nibs
- Smoothie booster
- Protein powder or an all-in-one shake
- Probiotic powder
- Beet powder
- Other plant based milk: almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk
- For this smoothie recipe I used frozen cauliflower rice. You could also use raw cauliflower florets.
- I only used ½ cup riced cauliflower because I didn't want the smoothie to have a cauliflower flavor. Taste as you go to see how you like it.
No, you don't need to cook cauliflower for a smoothie. I used frozen riced cauliflower because it's a great pantry staple. I can have riced cauliflower anytime.
Yes! Not only is cauliflower is mild, but the frozen banana, cacao powder, and vanilla yogurt overpower the flavor of the caulilflower.
🥛 Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie
- ½ cup riced cauliflower
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1 cup oat milk
- Chopped chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
- Pour into a glass and top with chopped chocolate chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply