Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven in this sweet, rich, and creamy no-churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
I'm not a big dessert person, but I have an obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. I often eat chocolate chips with roasted salted peanuts or peanut butter.
That's all I need for dessert if I am craving something sweet. The only reason you see other desserts on the blog is so that there's some variety and I don't bore all of you with only chocolate and peanut butter desserts.
If you are like me and can't resist the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, then you are going to love this vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream!
It is sweet, rich, and creamy - just what you'd expect in an ice cream.
No-Churn Ice Cream
The best part is there's no special equipment needed. Yup, you read that correctly. This no-churn ice cream is made without an ice cream maker.
If you have a double boiler you get bonus points, but that's really unnecessary too. You can make a makeshift one out of a sauce pan and a heat proof bowl sitting on top of it.Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven in this sweet, rich, and creamy no-churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Click To Tweet
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
To make the chocolate ice cream you heat some chocolate chips in a bowl over a simmering pot of water. Then, you add sweetened condensed coconut milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and salt.
To make the peanut butter ice cream, you heat some coconut milk on the stove. Then, you add peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
You freeze both until they are starting to solidify, then swirl the peanut butter ice cream with the chocolate.
Other Desserts with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Apple Nachos
- Chocolate Peanut butter Chia Pudding
Tips for Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Heat chocolate chips until melted and stir them constantly. Don't cook them past their melting point. They can become thick and lumpy.
- Also, don't let the simmering water touch the chocolate or it could seize up.
- Freeze both the chocolate ice cream and the peanut butter ice cream until thickened. That way you get a swirled ice cream.
- When you are ready to serve the chocolate peanut butter ice cream, let it sit out 20-30 minutes to thaw out. It will be easier to scoop.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream: Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Turn off heat.
- Add sweetened condensed coconut milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and salt. Mix well and freeze until thickened, about 2-3 hours.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream: Heat coconut milk on stove until simmering. Take off the stove and add peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well and freeze until thickened, about 1-2 hours. Swirl into chocolate ice cream.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.