This easy no-churn Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is sweet, rich, and creamy with chunks of cherries and chopped dark chocolate.
This Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the stuff dreams are made of. Not only is it sweet, rich, and creamy, but you don't have to use an ice cream maker!
That's right, this is a no-churn ice cream made with ingredients you may already have in your pantry. It's dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
Other chocolate chip recipes to try are my Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe, Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe, and Vegan Gluten-Free Cookies. If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try some Vegan Peanut Butter Balls.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
- It is easy to make.
- You can make it without an ice cream maker!
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Coconut milk: Adds a rich creamy flavor. I used full-fat coconut milk.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet, rich flavor.
- Cherries: You can use fresh or frozen cherries. You could even use dried cherries.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Dark chocolate: I used dark chocolate baking chunks. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add full-fat coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, 1 cup cherries, vanilla extract, and salt in a high speed blender or food processor.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in the freezer for a few hours.
Step 3: After a few hours, and before it is frozen solid, fold in the rest of the cherries and chopped dark chocolate chunks.
- You may want more or less chopped cherries and chocolate folded in depending upon how much texture you like.
- So that the chopped cherries and chocolate don't sink to the bottom, freeze the ice cream for a few hours before folding them in.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this cherry chocolate chip ice cream, I used dark sweet cherries.
This vegan ice cream has a base of sweetened condensed coconut milk and coconut milk.
Other Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
If you tried this Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- food processor or blender
- Mix coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, 1 cup cherries, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into an airtight container and partially freeze for a few hours. This is so that the chocolate chunks don't sink to the bottom.
- Chop the rest of the cherries (½ cup).
- Fold in chopped cherries and dark chocolate chunks and freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.