This refreshing vegan Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie will quench your thirst on a hot Summer day!
Here in Tucson, we are experiencing temps in the 100s. In order to get in a walk comfortably, you need to get a walk in early in the morning.
Lately, I have been making this Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie to quench my thirst and replace electrolytes. I never thought that I would like cucumber in a smoothie.
I have played around with cucumber smoothies in the past and I didn't like them that much. I think I had the ratio of cucumber to other ingredients off because the taste of the cucumber was always too strong for me.
I think pairing cucumber with the right ingredients makes all the difference in the world. Mango and cucumber go really well together. Add in some coconut water or coconut oil and mint, and you have a refreshing summer drink.
Some other healthy smoothie recipes are my Turmeric Smoothie and Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie.
Have you ever had Baked Cucumber? They can also be fried. They're a fun way and flavorful to eat cucumbers.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Coconut water: Adds a mild coconut flavor and electrolytes.
- English cucumber: I prefer an English cucumber because it has less seeds, has a thin skin, and you don't need to peel it. It isn't bitter like other varieties.
- Mango: You can use fresh or frozen mango chunks.
- Fresh mint: Adds a wonderful fresh minty taste.
- Coconut oil: Adds more coconut flavor. I added coconut oil to add some fat into the smoothie. You could leave it out.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Blend cucumber, mango, chopped mint, and coconut water or water in a Nutribullet or high speed blender. You can also include coconut oil or leave it out.
I don't recommend keeping this in the fridge for later. Smoothies are best made fresh, so that you get all the nutrients.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Lime juice
- Spinach or other mild greens
- Vegan yogurt
- Coconut milk
- Oat milk, almond milk or another plant based milk
🧉 Other Cool Drinks
Replenish your electrolytes with this tropical mango cucumber smoothie. It's a perfect post workout treat!
*I originally posted this recipe July 28, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water or water
- 1 cup English chopped cucumber
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped mango
- ½ teaspoon chopped mint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- Mix coconut water, cucumber, and coconut oil in a blender or Nutribullet*.
- Add frozen mango and mint. Mix until blended.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
This was so yummy and refreshing! Perfect for hot days!
Willow Moon says
Susanna Segal says
As DC broke a nearly 90 year temperature record for this day, this smoothie was absolutely perfect! A great combination and so refreshing. Thank you for this recipe.
Willow Moon says
Thanks Susanna, I'm so glad that you liked it!
Roy Miller says
It is hot here in Texas too. I would have never thought to use cucumber in a smoothie. I like cucumber and they are good for you. Thank you for posting the recipe.
Willow Moon says
Thanks Roy! I wouldn't have thought I'd like cucumber in a smoothie, but I am still having one daily!