This refreshing vegan Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie will quench your thirst on a hot Summer day!
Here in Tucson, we are experiencing temps in the 100s. In order to get in a walk comfortably, you need to get a walk in early in the morning.
Lately, I have been making this Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie to quench my thirst and replace electrolytes. I never thought that I would like cucumber in a smoothie.
I have played around with cucumber smoothies in the past and I didn't like them that much. I think I had the ratio of cucumber to other ingredients off because the taste of the cucumber was always too strong for me.
I think pairing cucumber with the right ingredients makes all the difference in the world. Mango and cucumber go really well together. Add in some coconut water or coconut oil and mint, and you have a refreshing summer drink.
Have you ever had Baked Cucumber? They can also be fried. They're a fun way and flavorful to eat cucumbers.
- Coconut water: Adds a mild coconut flavor and electrolytes.
- English cucumber: I prefer an English cucumber because it has fewer seeds, has a thin skin, and you don't need to peel it. It isn't bitter like other varieties. It also tastes great in cucumber sorbet.
- Mango: You can use fresh or frozen mango chunks. Another recipe with mango is my mango coconut ice cream.
- Fresh mint: Adds a wonderful fresh minty taste.
- Coconut oil: Adds more coconut flavor. I added coconut oil to add some fat into the smoothie. You could leave it out.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
I don't recommend keeping this in the fridge for later. Smoothies are best made fresh, so that you get all the nutrients.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Lime juice
- Spinach or other mild greens
- Protein powder
- Vegan yogurt
- Coconut milk
- Oat milk, almond milk or another plant based milk
Replenish your electrolytes with this tropical mango cucumber smoothie. It's a perfect post-workout treat!
*I originally posted this recipe on July 28, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Coconut Mango Cucumber Smoothie
- Mix coconut water, cucumber, and coconut oil in a blender or Nutribullet*.
- Add frozen mango and mint. Mix until blended.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.