These Crispy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy snack. Made with a nacho flavored seasoning, they are slightly spicy.
These Crispy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy crunchy treat! They are perfect for on the go. I love to pack some in my purse for when hunger strikes.These Crispy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy snack. Made with a nacho flavored seasoning, they are slightly spicy. Click To Tweet
How to Make Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
Dry chickpeas and remove as many of the skins as possible with a clean towel. Roll the towel over the chickpeas. The skins will come off and the chickpeas will get dried at the same time.
Mix the chickpeas with olive oil and roast until they are crispy. Immediately mix with nacho seasoning, which includes nutritional yeast, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Other Vegan Snacks
- Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Salt and Vinegar Squash Chips
- Everything Bagel Flax Crackers
- Baked Tofu Fries
- You may be tempted to skip the drying process, but it helps because the skins hold a lot of water.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more or less spice of the nacho seasoning. You can always add more, but you can't take it away. If you don't like your food too spicy, start with less and go from there.
- It's important to add the seasoning after roasting the chickpeas because otherwise the seasoning burns on the chickpeas.
How Long Will Roasted Chickpeas Last?
If they are thoroughly dried (make sure to remove those skins!), roasted until crunchy, and stored in an airtight container they will last longer than two weeks.
I had a batch of roasted chickpeas that lasted a little over a month. They might have lasted longer had I not finished them off.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Crispy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drain garbanzo beans and dry between two clean towels. Roll one of the towels over the garbanzo beans to remove as many of the skins as possible and dry them thoroughly.*
- Toss garbanzo beans and olive oil. Spread out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
- Toss freshly baked garbanzo beans with nacho seasoning.
- Store in a parchment bag or airtight container for up to two weeks.*
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.