This creamy Dill Pickle Hummus is great with veggies or crackers. It's also the perfect addition to a sandwich.
My love for hummus is obvious when you see how many hummus recipes I have on Create Mindfully. I love to try new flavors, including dessert hummus recipes.
Adding dill pickles to hummus was a no-brainer; both hummus and dill pickles go great on sandwiches and with chips.
This Dill Pickle Hummus is creamy and sour. It's the perfect addition to a veggie sandwich.
Another hummus recipe that tastes great in sandwiches is my Basil Pesto Hummus.
For a dessert hummus try my Dark Chocolate Hummus. It is healthy but tastes like an indulgent dessert.
- Garbanzo beans: Adds the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Tahini: Also a traditional hummus ingredient. Adds a nutty sesame flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Water: To thin it out.
- Olive oil: Adds creaminess.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
- Dill pickles: Adds a sour briny flavor.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, olive oil, water (if using), and chopped dill pickles in a food processor until creamy.
- You may want to taste the hummus after adding ¼ cup dill pickles to see how you like it, and add more to your liking. I personally love the sour taste of the dill pickles.
- I included water as optional because the dill pickles add liquid, and if you use it right away you won't need any water. If you use it after it sits in the fridge overnight it will thicken up a little.
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Hummus Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Dill Pickle Hummus
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup water (optional)
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped dill pickles*
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply