This easy healthy Basil Pesto Hummus takes minutes to make and is cheaper than store-bought! It's perfect for sandwiches or dipping.
This Basil Pesto Hummus combines two delicious recipes in one. Made in minutes, it couldn't be any easier!
Not only is this hummus easy to make, but it is cheaper than store-bought. Those little tubs are just not worth the price in my opinion, when I can make a big batch for a lot less.
Eat this basil pesto hummus with sliced cucumbers, crackers, or spread on a sandwich.
A fun healthy dessert hummus is my Dark Chocolate Hummus. It goes well with fruit or crackers.
Another versatile recipe to try is my Vegan Avocado Pesto recipe.
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans): Add the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Tahini: Also a traditional hummus ingredient. Adds a nutty sesame flavor.
- Fresh basil leaves: Adds a minty anise flavor.
- Pine nuts: Traditionally in pesto. Adds a nutty flavor. You could also use walnuts or almonds.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor. You could also use vegan parmesan.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Water: Thins it out.
- Olive oil: Adds creaminess.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, basil, pine nuts, salt, olive oil, water, and nutritional yeast to a food processor.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste as you go. You can always add more basil or nutritional yeast, but you can't take it away.
- For an even thicker hummus, don't add water.
- Dip for crackers or veggies
- Hummus Pizza
- On toast
- Pita chips (if you know of a gluten-free brand I'd love to know about it!)
This vegan hummus with basil pesto is a healthy dip. If you like pesto and hummus, I think you'll like them combined into one!
If you tried this Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on April 1, 2017. I added new photos, text, and a video when I republished it.
Basil Pesto Hummus
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.