This Kalamata Olive Hummus is smooth and creamy like plain hummus, but with a wonderful salty briny flavor. Add it to a sandwich or crackers.
I will admit, I'm a bit obsessed with hummus. I must have around twenty hummus recipes on the blog. After you find the base that works for you, it's easy to create other flavors!
Kalamata Olive Hummus can be used in so many ways. It's done in about 5 minutes; making it perfect for a party.
Mix garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, Kalamata olives, water (optional), and salt in a food processor until creamy.
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You may want to taste the hummus after adding ¼ cup kalamata olives to see how you like it, and add more to your liking. I personally love the briny olives so I added a lot.
- I included water as optional because the olives add liquid, and if you use it right away you won't need any water. If you use it after it sits in the fridge overnight it will thicken up a little.
- with a vegan charcuterie board
- on a sandwich
- with veggies
- with pita chips or pita bread (if you find a good vegan gluten free brand let me know!)
Other Hummus Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Kalamata Olive Hummus
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- Pinch salt (optional - taste first)
- ¼ cup water (optional)*
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving so that hummus thickens and flavors meld.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply