This healthy Chipotle Hummus is perfect for a party. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and is way cheaper than store-bought!
Hummus is one of those items that is a staple in my house. I like spicy foods, so it's no wonder I would have a Chipotle Hummus on my blog.
This recipe is a favorite at my house. I've used it in many recipes over the years, a couple of which I'll be posting in the next month or so.
- Garbanzo beans: Adds the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Tahini: Also a traditional hummus ingredient. Adds a nutty sesame flavor.
- Chipotle in adobo sauce: Adds a spicy smoky flavor.
- Chili powder, cumin, and paprika: Spices used in tacos and other Mexican and Southwestern food. Add spice and flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Water: To thin it out.
- Olive oil: Adds creaminess.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
How to Make Chipotle Hummus
Making your own hummus could not be any easier. Mix chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini, a chipotle pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and spices in a food processor.
Ways To Use Hummus
When people think of hummus, many people think of it as a dip, but it can be used other ways.
- Tortilla pizza
Recipes I've Used Hummus In
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- Spicy Hummus Tortilla Pizza
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
This healthy Chipotle Hummus is perfect for a party. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and is way cheaper than store-bought! Click To Tweet
How Long Will Hummus Last?
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
*I originally posted this recipe December 22, 2014. I added new photos, a video, and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the brand of chipotle in adobo I buy. It doesn't have wheat like some other brands.
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Serve with paprika or adobo sauce on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.