This Chocolate Almond Butter is so good, that you will want to eat it by the spoonful! It is dessert in a jar!
This Chocolate Almond Butter is chocolate heaven! Spread it on toast, add it to other desserts, or eat it by itself. I could eat this by the spoonful at every meal it is so good!
My inspiration for this recipe came when I ran out of both almond butter and peanut butter. I had a huge jar of raw almonds in my pantry, which I was going to make into several different flavors of almond butter and post them all in one post.
But my huge jar of almonds wasn't as big as my ambition. So, I decided on Chocolate Almond Butter, since I knew that flavor would probably be my favorite anyway.
This was originally intended for my morning smoothie, but after having one bite, I knew this was too good for that. My Chocolate Banana Smoothie will just have to suffer without the nut butter.
If you love chocolate and coconut, this is the spread for you. I personally wouldn't even bother with toast or crackers. Just grab a spoon and dive in!
Although now that I think of it, some oat grahams would probably be pretty good with this...
Another recipe with chocolate and almonds is my Vegan Chocolate Almond Pancakes recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and chocolaty.
- It is really versatile. Spread it on graham crackers, or apple slices, or eat it by the spoonful.
- You can make it with raw almonds or store-bought almond butter.
- Almonds: You could also use raw or roasted almonds or store-bought almond butter.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds chocolate flavor.
- Coconut oil: Adds a coconut flavor. You could also use shredded coconut.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or date paste.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like sea salt. If you use a store-bought almond butter with salt, you may not need any salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a food processor, mix almonds until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, you will need to refrigerate this almond butter.
This chocolate almond butter recipe will last 1-2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Vegan Dips
If you tried this Chocolate Almond Butter Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Almond Butter
- Mix almonds in a food processor, stopping every so often to scrape down the sides. Mix for 20-25 minutes until you get a creamy consistency.
- Mix in cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. (If using a salted almond butter, do not add salt.)
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.