This healthy Elderberry Smoothie is a great addition to your routine. It's perfect for extra seasonal support.
During these crazy times, I have added a few healthy additions to my routine. Elderberry syrup is one of those things that is now always in my pantry.
I take it every now and then when I feel a tickle in my throat or when I am more stressed than usual. Elderberry has a sweet flavor that pairs nicely with fruit.
For my daily smoothie, I have been adding ginger powder and turmeric powder. I also drink an Immunity Defense Shot almost every day.
Another recipe that pairs nicely with fruit is my Vegan Dessert Dip.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is made in minutes.
- It gives you a boost during times of stress or when you feel a cold or the flu coming on.
- It is healthy and flavorful.
- Banana: You could use a fresh or frozen banana. I like to keep frozen bananas in my freezer at all times.
- Blueberries: I used frozen blueberries because I always have them in my freezer. You could also use fresh blueberries.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk so that I can control the amount of sweetener. You could use soy milk, oat milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Vegan yogurt: I used unsweetened coconut yogurt so that I can control the amount of sugar. Use your favorite.
- Elderberry syrup: I used elderberry syrup because that is what I always have on hand. You could also use elderberry powder, which tastes great in an Elderberry Latte recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Can It Be kept Overnight in The Fridge?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothies are best made fresh so that you get all the nutrients.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Blueberries and bananas taste great mixed with elderberry in this vegan smoothie.
Any dairy-free milk works in a smoothie. You can also use dairy-free yogurt. For this vegan smoothie, I used unsweetened almond milk and unsweetened vegan yogurt.
Other Vegan Smoothies
If you tried this Elderberry Smoothie Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- ½ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 2 teaspoons elderberry syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.