This healthy Garden Vegetable Soup is packed with veggies and flavor. It makes a great side dish or light lunch.
I have a confession. I do not have a vegetable garden, but if I did, these are the vegetables I would grow. I love to include cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, and celery to so many different recipes. If only I had a green thumb...
This Garden Vegetable Soup recipe was inspired by Ellie Krieger's "Tuscan Vegetable Soup" from the Food Network. I changed out the beans for cauliflower and the amounts of some of the ingredients.This healthy Garden Vegetable Soup is packed with veggies and flavor. It makes a great side dish or light lunch. Click To Tweet
How to Make Garden Vegetable Soup
Sauté onions in a pan until translucent. Add vegetables and herbs. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tomatoes are tender. Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Check seasonings. You may want more or less than I have listed.
- Chop veggies the same size for even cooking and appearance.
- Cook vegetables until they are the desired tenderness.
- For a variation, add white beans or pasta, just keep in mind the ratio of liquid to the rest of the ingredients. You may want to omit some of the veggies or add more stock. If you add more stock you may want to add more seasonings.
- Serve with nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe
This vegan vegetable soup is a healthy low calorie meal.
*I originally posted this recipe March 14, 2015. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini 1 small
- 1/2 cup chopped celery 1 stalk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes or canned
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast optional
- Heat the oil over medium high heat, and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add vegetables (not tomatoes yet), garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Stir in vinegar. Top with nutritional yeast, if desired, and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.