These sweet rich Vegan Gingerbread Truffles melt in your mouth. Made with gingerbread spices and chocolate, they couldn't be any easier!
These Gingerbread Truffles are super easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
They are sweet, rich, and creamy. They make a great gift for the holidays.
Some other gingerbread recipes to try are Peanut Butter Flavored Gingerbread, Gingerbread Hummus, Gingerbread Energy Bites, and Gingerbread Ice Cream.
Another way to put that bottle of blackstrap molasses to good use is some Vegan Molasses Hot Cocoa.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chocolate: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Coconut milk: Make sure to use full fat coconut milk. It adds a creamy consistency and rich flavor. If you want to use light coconut milk, you'll need less than listed here.
- Cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg: Warming spices found in gingerbread.
- Molasses: I used black strap molasses because of its dark rich flavor.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder) and ground ginger: For rolling the truffles in.
- Salt: Brings out the sweetness.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl over a saucepan with a couple of inches of water. Melt chocolate on medium heat.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add coconut milk, black strap molasses, and spices.
- Pour into an airtight container. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Roll into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place back in the refrigerator to harden.
- Roll into cacao powder and ground ginger.
- Store in the fridge to keep solid.
This gingerbread truffle recipe will last up to 5 days in and airtight container in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
🎄 Other Gingerbread Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Gingerbread Truffles
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounce bag)
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.*
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Remove from the heat.
- Pour coconut milk, black strap molasses, and spices into the bowl with chocolate chips. Mix until smooth. Place in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Form into balls. Place back in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Roll in cacao powder and ground ginger. Store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply