These simple Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats are hearty and satisfying. Add in your favorite fruit and nuts.
Most days I like to start my day with a healthy smoothie, but when I want a warm hearty breakfast I reach for oatmeal. It fills me up for hours and it's super easy to make.
For this recipe I used steel cut oats because that's what I happen to have on hand. If you prefer rolled oats, check the liquid to oats ratio on the bag as well as the cooking time. Steel cut oats take longer to cook and require more liquid.These simple Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats are hearty and satisfying. Add in your favorite fruit and nuts. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
How to Make This Recipe
Pour unsweetened almond milk into a pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add oats.
Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
Remove from heat. Let sit 2 minutes. Add chopped apple and maple walnuts, or your favorite fruit and nuts.
Start your day off right with these comforting oats.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple walnuts
- Bring almond milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add oats. Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Remove from heat. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Top with chopped apple and maple walnuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.