These simple Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats are hearty and satisfying. Add in your favorite fruit and nuts.
Most days I like to start my day with a healthy smoothie, but when I want a warm hearty breakfast I reach for oatmeal. It fills me up for hours and it's super easy to make.
For this recipe, I used steel cut oats because that's what I happen to have on hand. If you prefer rolled oats, check the liquid-to-oats ratio on the bag as well as the cooking time. Steel cut oats take longer to cook and require more liquid.
A similar recipe using cinnamon is my Vegan Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats with Yogurt.
Pour unsweetened almond milk into a pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add oats.
Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
Remove from heat. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add chopped apple and maple walnuts, or your favorite fruit and nuts.
This steel cuts oats recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- Almond butter or another nut butter
- Spices: cardamom, nutmeg, ground ginger
- Banana slices, berries, or other fruit
Other Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Breakfast Quinoa with Almond Milk
- Porridge with Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Start your day off right with these comforting oats.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple walnuts
- Bring almond milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add oats. Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Remove from heat. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Top with chopped apple and maple walnuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.