This vegan Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich is quick and easy. The tofu is crispy on the outside while staying soft on the inside.
Early on in my blogging career I figured out that my favorite flavor combination is sweet and spicy. I also found that I love to make healthy swaps in recipes - like cauliflower rice, cucumber and zucchini noodles, or nori wraps.
Even though I've been a foodie for awhile, I hadn't created as many recipes in my whole life as I have in the past 4 years of blogging. So I didn't have a cooking style or point of view like I do now.
This Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich is in the ballpark to the sweet and spicy profile, but on a much, much milder level.
I've had some Dijon mustards that are quite spicy, and others that are pretty mild. The one I used for this vegan sandwich was on the milder side.
Baking tofu is a great way to get it crispy on the outside while remaining soft on the outside. It's also very hands-off.
You can do other things while your tofu is baking, making it the perfect recipe to make on a weeknight. Add it a salad, Buddha bowl, or sandwich.
For this easy vegan sandwich, I made a maple Dijon spread to compliment the flavors of the tofu. Add some sliced avocado, roasted red pepper, or whatever suits your fancy.
- In place of the crispy tofu in a Crispy Tofu Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing or another salad
- As a snack for a road trip
- On a hummus tortilla pizza
- In a pasta salad
- Anywhere you'd use store-bought baked tofu
Other Easy Recipes
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
You'll be happy you packed this tofu sandwich in your lunchbox!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
*Update since writing this: Thanks to a reader, the bread below is my new favorite bread. It is soft and fluffy like white bread.
It is Northern Bakehouse millet chia bread. I highly recommend it.
Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich
Maple Dijon Spread
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Maple Dijon Baked Tofu (whole batch)
- 6 slices gluten free bread toasted - I used brown rice
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices of onion
- 3 pieces of Romaine lettuce
- Maple Dijon Spread: Mix vegan mayo, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard.
- Sandwiches: Slather Maple Dijon Spread on toasted bread. Top with Maple Dijon Baked Tofu, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply