This vegan Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich is quick and easy. The tofu is crispy on the outside while staying soft on the inside.
This Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich has the perfect balance of flavors. It's perfect for a brown bag lunch, picnic, or easy weeknight meal.
My favorite flavor combination is sweet and spicy. The tofu mustard marinade in this sandwich is in the ballpark of the sweet and spicy profile but on a much, much milder level.
I've had some Dijon mustards that are quite spicy, and others that are pretty mild. The one I used for this vegan sandwich was on the milder side.
Baking tofu is a great way to get the tofu crispy on the outside while remaining soft on the outside. It's also very hands-off.
You can do other things while your tofu is baking, making it the perfect recipe to make on a weeknight. Add it to a salad, Buddha bowl, or sandwich.
For this easy vegan sandwich, I made a maple Dijon spread to compliment the flavors of the tofu. Add sliced avocado, roasted red pepper, or whatever suits your fancy.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It has the perfect balance of flavors.
- It's simple and easy to make.
- It is hearty and healthy.
- Maple dijon baked tofu: I used my homemade baked mustard tofu recipe. You could also use store-bought baked tofu.
- Bread: I used gluten-free brown rice bread that I toasted. Use your favorite.
- Onion: A yellow onion, red onion, or white onion all will work.
- Tomato: I love heirloom tomatoes. Use your favorite large tomato.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce. You could also use iceberg lettuce or some other greens.
Maple Dijon Spread
- Vegan mayo: Adds a creamy tangy flavor. I like Vegenaise vegan mayo. Use your favorite.
- Maple syrup: Adds a sweet flavor. You could also use agave syrup.
- Dijon mustard: I like Dijon mustard, but you could also use yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix the maple Dijon spread in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Spread the maple Dijon spread on toast.
Step 3: Layer the lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, and maple Dijon baked tofu on top of a slice of toast.
Step 4: Top with the other piece of toast.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This tofu sandwich is made with maple Dijon baked tofu, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a maple Dijon spread.
Baked tofu will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Easy Vegan Recipes
If you tried this Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich
Maple Dijon Spread
- Mix vegan mayo, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard.
- Slather Maple Dijon Spread on toasted bread. Top with Maple Dijon Baked Tofu, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.