Why buy baked tofu when you can make your own! This Baked BBQ Tofu is sweet and spicy. Since it is made with a 4 Ingredient Sriracha BBQ Sauce, it comes together in minutes. It can be eaten hot or cold, so it is perfect for traveling.
Do you ever buy packages of baked tofu? They are convenient for adding to salads and sandwiches, or used to top rice or quinoa with veggies for a quick meal.
What I’m not fond of is their price. Also, some of them contain gluten. There’s really no need to buy baked flavored tofu when you can make your own very easily.
Baking tofu pulls the water out and leaves it crispy on the outside while staying soft on the inside. When you add a marinade or herbs and spices, the flavors are concentrated on the outside of the tofu.
One of the things that I love about baked tofu is it takes on whatever flavors you marry with it. It’s also healthier than frying, although I love fried tofu also.
This Baked BBQ Tofu is so good that it tastes good by itself for a healthy snack. Some people eat jerky, I eat baked tofu.
Perfect For Travel
Any dish that I can bring traveling is a winner in my book. Since this BBQ tofu can be eaten hot or cold it is perfect for road trips or camping.
It could even be taken on a plane. Stop by the salad bar before boarding and add this healthy baked tofu for a filling meal.
Sweet and Spicy
The 4 Ingredient Sriracha BBQ Sauce that I used for this crispy baked tofu is sweet and spicy, just like you’d expect from a BBQ sauce. I made several recipes with it, which I will be posting in the next couple of months. Since the sauce is made with only 4 ingredients, it comes together in no time.Why buy baked tofu when you can make your own? This Baked BBQ Tofu is sweet and spicy. Since it is made with a 4 Ingredient Sriracha BBQ Sauce, it comes together in minutes! Click To Tweet
Tips For Making Baked BBQ Tofu
- Drain and press tofu the tofu before baking. This will get the water out. No need for fancy equipment; just put down a clean towel under the tofu, and on top of the tofu. Then place a heavy pan on top, like a cast iron skillet, and wait 15 minutes or longer. The towel will soak up the water. I rotate the towel a couple of times because the towel gets drenched pretty quickly.
- Don’t put too much BBQ sauce on the tofu. Less sauce yields a crispy texture on the outside which is the optimal baked tofu texture. You don’t want your tofu swimming in sauce.
- Make a full batch of BBQ sauce, instead of the 1/2 batch that the recipe calls for, that way you can use it for drizzling on whatever dish you use it in.
- Use in Buddha bowls, over cauliflower rice, on skewers with pineapple, wrapped in a burrito – the possibilities are endless.
- Eat hot or cold.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baked BBQ Tofu Recipe
This baked tofu with BBQ sauce is an easy snack or meal. Just in time for seasonal picnics and cookouts!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love a small baking sheet for this baked tofu. The one below is the one I own. It fits perfectly in a toaster oven.
Baked BBQ Tofu
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice tofu into 1/2" slabs. Spread olive oil over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place tofu on parchment paper. Spread about 1/3-1/2 a teaspoonful of BBQ sauce on one side of each tofu slice, also covering the sides. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Flip tofu over and spread another 1/3-1/2 teaspoon on other side of each tofu slice. You will have about 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce left over to use for drizzling after tofu bakes. Bake for another 20 minutes. Check tofu and bake 10 minutes more, if needed. Tofu should be crispy on the outside while remaining soft on the inside.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.