This refreshing colorful Rainbow Fruit Salad is a show-stopper! Made with a citrus dressing and sprinkled with mint.
This Rainbow Fruit Salad is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. It has six different kinds of fruit, a citrus dressing, and chopped mint that takes it over the top.
It holds up for a few days, depending on the fruit you use, so you can make it ahead of time for an outdoor gathering.
Another great way to serve fruit in summer is with a Vegan Fruit Dip Recipe.
If you prefer chocolate, I have a Chocolate Fruit Dip with Peanut Butter. Since it's two dips in one in the form of a swirl dip, you could make just the chocolate dip or just the peanut butter dip.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- You can make it in advance, making it perfect for potlucks.
- It is made with very little maple syrup, making it a healthy choice!
- It is light and refreshing, making it perfect for summer.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Strawberries: Adds the red color. You could also use raspberries or cherries.
- Cantaloupe: Adds the orange color. You could also use orange slices or chopped mango.
- Pineapple: Adds the yellow color. You can use fresh or frozen pineapple, just make sure to completely thaw it out first. You could also use a sliced banana or chopped canary melon. If you use a banana, I recommend adding it right before serving.
- Green grapes: Adds the green color. You could also use chopped kiwi or honeydew melon.
- Blueberries: Adds the blue color. You could also use blackberries.
- Red grapes: Adds the purple color. You could also use blackberries or sliced plums.
- Mint leaves: Adds a fresh minty flavor.
- Orange juice: I used freshly squeezed orange juice. You could also use store-bought orange juice.
- Lime juice: Adds a tart flavor. You could also use lemon juice, but I prefer lime juice for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or simple syrup.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Honeydew melon
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Squeeze an orange, removing the pulp, if desired.
For the dressing mix orange juice, lime juice, and maple syrup. Pour over salad and mix, or leave in a rainbow.
Add the chopped mint right before serving.
Place sliced strawberries, chopped cantaloupe, chopped pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, and red grapes in a bowl. They can be placed in the bowl to look like a rainbow or mixed together. Sprinkle mint on top if serving right away.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Fruit that is in season and that stays fresh for days is the best bet.
If you store it in an airtight container, it will last for 3-5 days, depending on the type of fruit used.
🥗 Other Vegan Summer Salads
If you tried this Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Place fruit in a bowl either in a rainbow formation or mixed together. Add mint leaves.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients. Pour over fruit salad. Mix or leave as a rainbow formation.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.