This healthy Avocado and Berry Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing is a meal on its own! It has a balance of sweet and savory flavors.
For me, Summer is the time for salads - big healthy salads with a lot of fruit and veggies. This is one of those salads that I have been enjoying this Summer.
I eat this for lunch on most days. Even though I've written it up as two servings, I like to eat the whole thing. There's nothing better than a big hearty healthy salad on a hot Summer day.
It has a balance of textures and flavors. Switch up your salad repertoire with this vegan salad. It's a hearty meal - perfect for brown bagging it to work or an easy weeknight dinner.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is fresh, healthy, and flavorful.
- It is customizable.
- It is made in minutes.
- Herb salad mix: I like the salad mix with herbs because it adds extra flavor, but you could use any salad mix you like.
- Avocado: Adds a creamy texture.
- Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries: You can use any combination of berries you like.
- Cucumber: Adds crunch. You could use another veggie.
- Red onion: You could use green onion, yellow onion, or white onion.
- Hemp seeds: Add protein. You could substitute another seed or use nuts. You could also use my Tamari Sunflower Seeds recipe.
- Dill: Adds a fresh citrus flavor.
- Turmeric tahini dressing: Adds a peppery nutty flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
Step 1: Make the turmeric tahini dressing by mixing tahini, water, turmeric powder, nutritional yeast, lime or lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
Step 2: Add herb salad mix to a bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, chopped avocado, cucumber, red onion, hemp seeds, and dill. Toss and serve with dressing.
- Taste the dressing as you go. You may want more or less of an ingredient than listed. I've been making this dressing recently with more turmeric to get the health benefits of it. Turmeric has a strong flavor, so start with the amount listed and add more if desired.
- The dressing thickens after being in the fridge. Add more water as needed.
- Making this salad right before you eat it is best, but you can make it a day or two before. Don't add the avocado or dressing until you're going to eat it.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can add nuts, seeds, beans, or tofu. For this avocado and berry salad, I added hemp seeds.
Other Vegan Salads
If you tried this Avocado and Berry Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Avocado and Berry Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss. Serve with turmeric tahini dressing.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.