This healthy Avocado and Berry Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing is a meal on its own! It has a balance of sweet and savory flavors.
For me Summer is the time for salads - big healthy salads with a lot of fruit and veggies. This is one of those salads that I have been enjoying this Summer.
I eat this for lunch on most days. Even though I've wrote it up as two servings, I like to eat the whole thing. There's nothing better than a big hearty healthy salad on a hot Summer day.
It has a balance of textures and flavors. Yum!
First, make the turmeric tahini dressing by mixing tahini, water, turmeric powder, nutritional yeast, lime or lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
Next, add herb salad mix to a bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, chopped avocado, cucumber, red onion, hemp seeds, and dill. Toss and serve with dressing.
Other Vegan Summer Salads
- Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
- Sriracha Coleslaw
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Taste the dressing as you go. You may want more or less of an ingredient than listed. I've been making this dressing recently with more turmeric to get the health benefits of it. Turmeric has a pretty strong flavor, so start with the amount listed and add more if desired.
- The dressing thickens after being in the fridge. Add more water as needed.
- Making this salad right before you eat it is best, but you can make it a day or two before, just don't add the avocado or dressing until you're going to eat it.
Additions / Variations
- tofu feta
- walnuts, pecans, sliced almonds or almond bacon
- sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- arugula, kale or other greens
- your favorite vinaigrette or dressing
Switch up your salad repertoire with this vegan salad. It's a hearty meal - perfect for brown bagging it to work or an easy weeknight dinner.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Avocado and Berry Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups herb salad mix (or spring mix)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ an avocado
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 4 tablespoons turmeric tahini dressing
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss. Serve with turmeric tahini dressing.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply