This Easy Miso Tahini Dressing is creamy, nutty, and slightly spicy. It can be used on salad, Buddha bowls, and roasted vegetables.
If you have never had miso paste before, it is a fermented food made from soybeans. The soybean paste has an umami flavor that can be added to soups, marinates, and sauces.
This Easy Miso Tahini Dressing is a delicious sauce. Pour it over a grain bowl, roasted vegetables, or a kale salad. Use it as a dip for raw veggies or Vegan Summer Rolls.
Add less water and use it as a spread on a sandwich. The creamy dressing also tastes great on an Edamame Potato Salad.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is creamy, nutty, and slightly spicy.
- It's made in minutes with a handful of ingredients.
- It is a versatile sauce; use it on salads, veggie bowls, or roasted vegetables.
- Miso paste: I used white miso paste (also called shiro miso) because it is gluten-free and has the mildest flavor of the varieties of miso paste. I do not recommend making this recipe with red miso or yellow miso. They are stronger and saltier. I buy my miso paste from the refrigerated section of my local grocery store. If you have Whole Foods Market in your area, they sell it. You could also buy it from an Asian grocery store or order it online.
- Tahini (ground sesame seeds): Adds a nutty flavor. You could also use almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter.
- Rice vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. You could also use lime juice, apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup.
- Tamari: Adds an umami flavor. I like to use low-sodium gluten-free tamari because I like to control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger adds a spicy bite.
- Water: Use less water than listed for a thinner consistency to use as a spread on sandwiches.
- Salt: Enhances flavors. I like to use sea salt. You'll only need a little salt because the miso and tamari are salty.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Fresh garlic
- Red pepper flakes for some spice
- Sesame oil for extra nutty flavor
- Mirin for a sweet tangy flavor
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
Step 2: Whisk to combine.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This delicious miso tahini sauce is made with white miso paste, tahini, brown rice vinegar, maple syrup, tamari, and ginger.
This tahini miso dressing will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Miso has a salty, nutty, umami flavor.
Other Vegan Salad Dressings
If you tried this Miso Tahini Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Miso Tahini Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.