Made in 10 minutes, this comforting keto Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge is sugar-free and full of fiber. Made with ground flaxseeds.
This easy healthy Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge comes together in no time. It is perfect for a vegan keto diet but really is for anyone. It is high in fiber, low carb, and sugar-free. Check out my Keto Vegan Breakfast Recipes for more ideas.
You can make enough of the dry ingredients to last a week or more, and then add the unsweetened almond milk and cook it when you are ready to eat it.
It makes it very convenient for busy mornings. Once the dry ingredients are combined, it only takes about 5 minutes to cook.
Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge is similar to oatmeal but made with flaxseeds. It has a similar texture. The difference is it has a nutty taste.
I added fresh berries and sliced almonds to the top of my porridge. You could also add coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or your favorite toppings.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's perfect for meal prepping.
- It's ready in 10 minutes.
- It is low-carb and sugar-free.
- Ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal): Adds a nutty flavor. I used half golden flaxseeds and half brown flaxseeds. You can buy ground flaxseeds or you can buy whole flaxseeds and grind them yourself in a coffee grinder or Nutribullet with the milling blade. You could also use chia seeds to make chia porridge.
- Superfine almond flour: I like the flavor and texture of almond flour. You could also use coconut flour to keep it keto. I haven't tested this recipe with coconut flour so just note that it absorbs more liquid than almond flour. I suggest starting with ¼ the amount of almond flour. You could also add in some nut butter.
- Cacao powder: You could also use cocoa powder.
- Salt: Enhances flavors and brings out the sweetness.
- Almond extract: I love the flavor it adds, but you can leave it out.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk. If you aren't on a low-carb or keto diet, you could use sweetened. You could also use cashew milk, oat milk, soy milk, or other plant-based milk. You could also use full-fat coconut milk to help you meet your micronutrient goals.
- Stevia: You could use any sugar-free sweetener you like to keep it keto. You could also use maple syrup, agave syrup, or your favorite sweetener if you are not watching the sugar content.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add ground flaxseeds, almond flour, cacao powder, and salt in a bowl.
Step 2: Whisk to get all the lumps out.
Step 3: Add unsweetened almond milk, almond extract, and stevia.
Step 4: Whisk to combine.
Step 5: Add ingredients to a saucepan.
Step 6: Cook the Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge on low heat to medium heat until thickened.
- If you don't like stevia, you could use your favorite sweetener.
- I like to quadruple the batch of the dry ingredients and keep it in my fridge. I just measure out the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and cook them in the microwave. That way I can have a quick breakfast when needed. I don't worry about getting exact measurements of everything when making it this way.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, you can either add flaxseeds to porridge or use them as the base for porridge, as I did for this recipe. They get gelatinous when you add liquid to them.
Yes, flaxseeds are perfect for a keto diet. They are low-carb and contain healthy fat.
This chocolate flaxseed porridge recipe is suitable for a keto diet. It is sugar-free and low-carb.
This porridge will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you tried this Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge
- Blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries
- Sliced almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, or pecans
- Coconut chips or shredded coconut
- Mix dry ingredients. Whisk to get all the lumps out.
- Add wet ingredients. Whisk and pour into a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.