This Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade is salty and briny. Eat it with crostini or crackers. Made with only 5 ingredients, it comes together in minutes.
When it comes to entertaining, easy vegan appetizers are always a good thing. This Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade fits the bill.
This delicious spread can be whipped up in just a few minutes. Add it to crostini or fresh bread and you have a quick savory appetizer.
It is also a great addition to a sandwich or a wrap.
Roasted red peppers and black olives are two items that I always keep stocked in my pantry. They both are wonderful additions to meals like pasta or sandwiches.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is an easy simple recipe that takes minutes to make.
- It is versatile; use the red pepper spread on toast, pizza, or in a sandwich.
- It has a wonderful salty briny flavor.
- Roasted red bell pepper: Adds a sweet smoky flavor. I used store-bought roasted red bell peppers. You could also roast them yourself, as I did with my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe.
- Kalamata olives: I used Kalamata olives, but you could use any variety of black olives or green olives. Is the star ingredient. Adds a salty briny flavor and balances out the sweetness of the red pepper.
- Balsamic vinegar: Adds a rich sweet flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic cloves: Add a pungent flavor.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Fresh basil or parsley for a fresh flavor
- Artichoke hearts for a red pepper artichoke tapenade
- Vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Extra virgin olive oil to thin it down for a salad dressing
- Roasted garlic
- Almonds, pine nuts or walnuts
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Place ingredients in a food processor.
Step 2: Mix until you get the desired consistency. You can also chop all the ingredients.
- Baguette slices
- Sandwich spread
- Pita chips
- Dip for fresh vegetables
- Pizza topping
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Traditional tapenade is made with finely chopped, crushed, or blended olives, capers, and sometimes anchovies.
You can use it as a spread, dip, or pizza topping. You can stir a little into pasta or veggie burgers before forming them and cooking them.
This red pepper tapenade recipe will last 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Kalamata olive tapenade is made with Kalamata olives, capers, and sometimes anchovies. It is then flavored with herbs and spices.
🍘 Other Dip Recipes
This vegan tapenade can be included in a sandwich or served on a baguette.
If you tried this Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on November 5, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you get desired consistency. You can also chop all the ingredients for a chunkier texture.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.