This Red Pepper Tapenade is salty and briny. Eat it with crostini or crackers. Made with only 5 ingredients, it comes together in minutes.
When it comes to entertaining, easy appetizers are always a good thing. This Red Pepper Tapenade fits the bill.
This can be whipped up in just a few minutes. Add it to crostini and you have a quick savory appetizer.
Roasted red peppers and black olives are two items that I always keep stocked in my pantry. They both are wonderful additions to meals like pasta or sandwiches. I especially love roasted red pepper in hummus or other dips.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Roasted red bell pepper: Adds a sweet smoky flavor.
- Kalamata olives: I used Kalamata olives, but you could use any variety of black olives or green olives. Adds a salty briny flavor.
- Balsamic vinegar: Adds a rich sweet flavor.
- Lemon juice:Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
Place ingredients in a food processor and mix until you get the desired consistency. You can also chop all ingredients.
This red pepper tapenade recipe will last a couple of weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Fresh basil or parsley
- Artichoke hearts
- Nutritional yeast
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Almonds, pine nuts or walnuts
- Baguette slices
- Sandwich spread
- Dip for veggies
🍘 Other Dip Recipes
This vegan tapenade can be included in a sandwich or served on a baguette.
I originally posted this recipe November 5, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Red Pepper Tapenade
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you get desired consistency. You can also chop all the ingredients for a chunkier texture.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.