This simple Cheesy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Dip will be the hit of the party! Made with tofu ricotta, it is sure to please.
Sometimes I mix ingredients for a portion of a recipe that are so good that they deserve to be their own recipe. That's what happened here.
I mixed roasted red pepper with tofu ricotta for a vegan manicotti filling and decided the filling needed to be a dip recipe. The tofu ricotta has been a huge hit on the blog and the addition of roasted red pepper elevates it a notch.
This dip goes well with veggies and crackers, as well as a spread on a sandwich.
- First, roast a red pepper. Slice it in half and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top and roast in the oven until charred. You could also use a store-bought roasted red pepper if you're in a hurry.
- Make the tofu ricotta by mixing tofu, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, dried basil, and salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Add the roasted red pepper to the tofu ricotta, and mix until creamy.
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge
- To roast the red pepper, you can use several different methods, including over the stovetop or grill, or by roasting it in the oven. I prefer the oven method because you don't have to babysit it.
- You can also buy store-bought roasted red peppers if you are pressed for time.
- You can make the roasted red pepper in advance, like the day before, or you could make the tofu ricotta the day before.
- If you're into batch cooking and meal prepping, make a double batch of this recipe and use half in Vegan Manicotti or lasagna.
Other Recipes with Tofu Ricotta
- Cheesy Vegan Spinach Dip
- Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Breadsticks
- Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce
- Vegan Calzones
- Mashed Cauliflower with Tofu Ricotta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This roasted red pepper dip combines tofu ricotta and roasted red pepper for an addictive creamy dip.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Cheesy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 1 red pepper
- 14 ounces firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Slice red pepper in half. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil on top and spread around. Roast at 450° for 15-20 minutes, or until charred. Let cool.
- Tofu Ricotta: Mix all ingredients.
- When red pepper is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin. If there's some left on, that's fine, it adds a smoky flavor. Slice and mix with tofu ricotta.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply