This homemade Vegan Chocolate recipe is made with just a few ingredients. It can be customized or eaten as is.
Dark sweet chocolate, what could be better? This Vegan Chocolate is made in minutes with only a few ingredients. It's waiting for it to solidify that's the hard part.
I've made homemade chocolate with coconut oil. This time I used raw cacao butter, which gives a better texture than coconut oil and it doesn't melt in your hands as quickly.
You can customize this to your liking. You can add all your favorite add-ins like dried fruit, nuts, peppermint extract, or coconut.This homemade Vegan Chocolate recipe is made with just a few ingredients. It can be customized or eaten as is. Click To Tweet
How to Make This Recipe
Place chopped cacao butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan with a couple of inches of water. This will act as a double boiler. (If you have a double boiler use that.)
Heat on medium heat until melted. Shut off heat and add the rest of ingredients.
Pour into molds and place in the fridge or freezer.
- I like using sweetened condensed coconut milk because it adds a wonderful taste and texture to the chocolate, but maple syrup works just as well.
- If you use maple syrup or agave syrup, mix ingredients in right away while the cocoa butter is hot so the chocolate doesn't separate when setting. If it does happen to separate you can melt it a second time and pour back into molds.
- If you don't have silicone molds, you can use cupcake liners, or pour the chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Store the bars in the fridge or freezer.
More Chocolate Recipes
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
How To Store
Store vegan chocolate in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for several months.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- Place chopped cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan with a couple of inches of water. This will act as a double boiler.* (If you have a double boiler use that.)
- Heat on low heat until melted.
- Once it's melted, shut off heat and add the rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into molds and freeze. Store in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.