This Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate is made with just a few ingredients. It can be customized with your favorite add-ins or eaten as is.
Dark sweet chocolate, what could be better? This Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate is made in minutes with only a few ingredients. It's waiting for it to solidify that's the hard part.
I've made homemade chocolate with coconut oil. This time I used raw cacao butter, which gives a better texture than coconut oil and it doesn't melt in your hands as quickly.
You can customize this to your liking. You can add all your favorite add-ins like dried fruit, nuts, peppermint extract, or coconut.
Other chocolate recipes to try are my Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Chickpeas recipe, Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge, Dark Chocolate Hummus recipe, Vegan Chocolate Pizza recipe, and 2 Ingredient Cake.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and rich. Chocolate lovers will love it!
- It is easy to make with simple ingredients. You can customize it to your liking.
- It tastes like store-bought vegan chocolate.
- Raw cacao butter: Helps the chocolate harden. Adds a cocoa flavor and aroma.
- Cacao powder: Adds a chocolaty flavor.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet rich, creamy flavor. You could also use sweetened condensed oat milk, maple syrup, or agave syrup.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Place chopped cacao butter in a heat-proof bowl over a pan with a couple of inches of water. This will act as a double boiler. (If you have a double boiler use that.)
Step 2: Heat until on medium heat melted.
Step 3: Shut off the heat.
Step 4: Add the rest of the ingredients.
Step 5: Stir until all the lumps are mixed in.
Step 6: Pour into molds and place in the fridge or freezer.
- I like using sweetened condensed coconut milk because it adds a wonderful taste and texture to the chocolate, but maple syrup works just as well.
- If you use maple syrup or agave syrup, mix ingredients in right away while the cocoa butter is hot so the chocolate doesn't separate when setting. If it does happen to separate you can melt it a second time and pour it back into molds.
- If you don't have silicone molds, you can use cupcake liners, or pour the chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Store the bars in the fridge or freezer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, this homemade chocolate is sweet, rich, and flavorful.
This vegan chocolate recipe will last 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge, and several months in the freezer.
More Chocolate Recipes
If you tried this Homemade Vegan Chocolate Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate
- Candy molds
- Place chopped cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan with a couple of inches of water. This will act as a double boiler.* (If you have a double boiler use that.)
- Heat on low heat until melted.
- Once it's melted, shut off heat and add the rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into molds and freeze. Store in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.