This healthy Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza is sweet and tart. Made with a brown rice tortilla, it can be done in minutes!
After making some Dark Chocolate Hummus, I knew a dessert pizza was in order. This Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza was inspired by my Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza. That one was a huge hit for both myself and for you all, so I had to make another.
I am so glad that I did because this dessert pizza is a new favorite of mine. Chocolate is my favorite flavor for any dessert, which is obvious when you peruse my dessert category.
Sweet and Tart
This dessert pizza is sweet and tart with sweet dark chocolate hummus, fresh sweet strawberries, and fresh tart raspberries. I added some melted dark chocolate chunks for even more chocolaty goodness.
Aside from maple syrup in the dark chocolate hummus and the melted dark chocolate chunks, this dessert pizza is pretty healthy. Since the hummus has garbanzo beans, the protein and fiber slows the sugar down when it goes into your system.
I like to think of this as a dessert with a secret healthy ingredient.
This healthy Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza is sweet and tart! Click To Tweet
Tortilla Pizza Crust
Tortillas make a great pizza crust because they are thin and cook up quickly. Being vegan and gluten free there aren’t many options for tortillas.
There’s some spinach amaranth tortillas that I occasionally buy at the local Farmer’s Market, but they aren’t cheap so I normally get brown rice tortillas at my local grocery store.
In the past I have gotten really frustrated with brown rice tortillas because they fall apart easily. That was until I realized the best way to use them was as a pizza crust.
They are okay for vegan quesadillas too, but even those like to misbehave by curling up on the sides. Using them as a pizza crust is really the best way for me to avoid swearing up a storm in the kitchen.
I have made my own tortillas, and will post the recipe one of these days, but they are time-consuming and sticky because of the ingredients that I use. So I guess the search for the best gluten free vegan tortillas will continue.
Other Sweet Treats That You Might Like
- Vegan Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies
- Mango Key Lime Coconut Popsicles
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza
- Per 9″ Pizza
- 1 tortilla – I used brown rice
- 5 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Hummus
- 3 tablespoons raspberries
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake tortilla 2-3 minutes or until crispy.
- Melt chocolate chunks and coconut oil in the microwave at 20 second intervals until melted.
- Spread dark chocolate hummus on tortilla. Place raspberries, strawberry slices, and sliced almonds on tortilla. Drizzle melted chocolate on top.