These gooey Vegan Rice Crispy Treats have a secret ingredient to make them even more sweet and rich and elevate them to another level!
Since I have been vegan for over 20 years, it's been a very long time since I've had rice crispy treats. I'm so happy that vegan marshmallows are available so that I can make Vegan Rice Crispy Treats as well as other desserts with marshmallows.
These rice crispy treats taste just like the original, but with an added ingredient that makes them even better in my opinion.
How to Make Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
Spread coconut oil or vegan butter into a 7 ½" x 9 ½ " (or similar size) baking dish. Set aside.
Melt vegan butter in a pan over low heat.
Add vegan marshmallows. Stir until melted. The vegan marshmallows will melt into a big blob.
Add the vanilla extract, salt, and sweetened condensed coconut milk.
At this point add the rice crisps cereal in batches. Stir to combine.
Grease a spatula and spread the mixture into the greased baking dish.
Push down with your hands to get out the air pockets. You can dampen your hands with water so that it's less sticky.
These gooey Vegan Rice Crispy Treats have a secret ingredient to make them even more sweet and rich and elevate them to another level! Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Desserts
Why Add Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk?
The sweetened condensed coconut milk gives these rice crispy treats an ooey-gooey texture an extra rich taste. They stay soft longer, and when you store them in the fridge like I do, they are still soft.
How to Store Rice Crispy Treats?
Store these in the fridge for up to a week. Since they have sweetened condensed coconut milk they stay soft.
- Make sure to get a rice crisps cereal that doesn't have vitamin D3. It can be derived from an animal source.
- I tried this with two different kinds of brown rice crisps cereal, Barbara's and One Degree Organic Foods. I liked the One Degree cereal better, which is what's shown in the photos. The texture was better in my opinion. You may find one you like better.
- Let cool before cutting into them so that they can set.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
- Grease 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Melt vegan butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add vegan marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Add brown rice crisps cereal in batches. Mix well.
- Grease a spatula with coconut oil or vegan butter. Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Push down mixture with damp hands. Cover and place in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.