This easy Vegan Rocky Road Fudge is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Made with 5 ingredients, it's foolproof!
If you're vegan you probably do a happy dance when manufacturers come out with more vegan products. Being vegan for over 20 years, I've done many happy dances.
Times are quite different than they used to be. There are many options for vegans these days.
For this vegan fudge, I used vegan marshmallows. If you didn't know, yes they are a thing. Happy dance.
This easy fudge is made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, dark chocolate chunks with 67% cacao, vanilla extract, walnuts and vegan marshmallows.This easy Vegan Rocky Road Fudge is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Made with 5 ingredients, it's foolproof! Click To Tweet
What Is Traditionally in Rocky Road?
Rocky Road is originally chocolate ice cream with nuts and marshmallows here in the U.S. The original recipe had walnuts, but later was replaced by almonds.
You can find it as a flavor for fudge, brownies, cake, cheesecake and more.
I used walnuts in this fudge because I like the contrast of the slightly bitter flavor of the walnuts with the sweet, rich dark chocolate and sweet gooey marshmallows.
How to Make This Recipe
Place dark chocolate baking chunks and sweetened condensed coconut milk in a heatproof bowl above a sauce pan filled with a couple inches of water. This will act as a double boiler (if you have one use that).
Heat on low heat until melted. Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir until smooth and creamy.
Fold in chopped walnuts. Let cool about 5 minutes. This is so the vegan marshmallows don't melt.
Fold in vegan marshmallows.
Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish. Cover and place in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
Once set, pull out the fudge by the plastic wrap. Remove the plastic wrap and slice on a cutting board.
Store in the fridge for softer fudge and the freezer for harder fudge.
Other Vegan Desserts
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Bark
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
Are Marshmallows Vegan?
Most marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. Thanks to companies like Dandies, who make vegan marshmallows, vegans can enjoy them too.
Does Fudge Contain Dairy?
This recipe is dairy-free, but make sure to check the label of the dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips) to see that they're vegan. Some companies add milk to their chocolate chips.
Is Rocky Road Fudge Gluten Free?
This Rocky Road Fudge recipe is also gluten-free.
- Dark chocolate baking chunks add a wonderful flavor. I used some that have 67% cacao. Some vegan chocolate chips have a lot less cocoa powder, so be sure to check the label.
- Taste after mixing to make sure you have the desired amount of salt.
- I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish. If you want thinner fudge, use a larger container.
How Long Will Vegan Fudge Last?
This fudge recipe will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and 2-3 months in the freezer.
Can I Store The Fudge at Room Temperature?
This chocolate fudge is best stored in the fridge so that it doesn't melt. When you store it in the fridge it has a nice consistency while not melting all over your hands.
This sweet treat makes the perfect gift for the holidays.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Vegan Rocky Road Fudge
- Line a square or rectangular container with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Mine was 7 ½" x 9 ½". (The larger the container is, the thinner the fudge will be.)
- Place chocolate chunks and sweetened condensed coconut milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan with a couple of inches of water. This will act as a double boiler. (If you have a double boiler use that.)
- Heat on low heat until melted.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in walnuts. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Fold in marshmallows.
- Pour into the plastic wrap lined container. Place in the fridge or freezer to set. It will take 2-3 hours to set. Once set, pull out the fudge by the plastic wrap. Remove the plastic wrap and slice on a cutting board.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.