This homemade rich and creamy Vegan Thousand Island Dressing is great on salads and sandwiches. It comes together in minutes!
I made this Vegan Thousand Island Dressing because a craving came upon me out of nowhere. I don't know how long it had been since I had thousand island dressing, but I knew it was time to have it again.
This vegan salad dressing really only takes a couple of minutes to make - I promise! You can control the amount of spice and how thick it is.
Leave out the almond milk and use it as a dip for sliced cucumbers, celery, and other veggies.
I made this recipe using only vegan mayo, then later I made it with a combination of vegan mayo and vegan yogurt. I liked it both ways.
If you don't want all the fat and calories of the vegan mayo, I would do the half mayo, half yogurt route. If you prefer a richer, more indulgent dressing, I would do the all-vegan mayo way.
Another dressing to try is my Vegan Tahini Dressing recipe.
- Vegan mayonnaise: Adds a rich creamy flavor. I used Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart. You can also use half vegan mayo and half vegan yogurt.
- Ketchup: Adds a sweet and sour flavor.
- Sweet pickle relish: Adds a sweet tangy flavor.
- Hot sauce: I have used a few different hot sauces for this, from jalapeño to sriracha sauce. Use your favorite. You can also leave it out.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened plain almond milk. You could also use soy milk, oat milk or another dairy-free milk. It is optional.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Minced garlic or garlic powder
- Diced onions or onion powder
- Vegan sour cream
- Sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Maple syrup or agave syrup
- Vegan worcestershire sauce
- Diced jalapeños
- Chopped dill pickles or dill pickle relish
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix vegan mayo, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, hot sauce, and almond milk.
This vegan thousand island dressing recipe will last about 7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you tried this Vegan Thousand Island Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on June 25, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Vegan Thousand Island Dressing
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.