These Ginger Sesame Walnut and Hemp Seed Lettuce Wraps are sweet and savory. They are extremely easy to make, and are ready in minutes.
My latest craze
My latest craze has been using walnuts as the star ingredient in main dishes. I first started using them in marinara sauce with shirataki spaghetti noodles. Then, I added them to Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce.
I really like the crunch they add to a dish. They are are also healthy and filling.
You will hear me say this often, but I love to look into my pantry and see what I can make without venturing out into the world to buy groceries. That’s how this recipe came about.
I knew that I wanted to make an Asian inspired recipe using walnuts because I am always stocked up on Asian ingredients: brown rice vinegar, tamari, and sesame oil. I keep ginger in my freezer, to use whenever I need it, and I always have maple syrup in the fridge.
I was gifted with a cucumber this week, and I had lettuce in the fridge, and carrots in the freezer, so I knew what had to be done: lettuce wraps.
Sweet and Savory
These fresh healthy lettuce wraps are sweet and savory. They are extremely easy to make, and are ready in minutes. Although, I would try to be patient because the longer the mixture marinates, the stronger the flavor.
Carrots add a sweet flavor. I added a little maple syrup for a sweet flavor as well. Ginger adds a touch of spice, which goes well with the nutty flavors of the walnuts, hemp seeds and sesame oil.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes You Might Like
- Sweet Potato Sushi Rolls with Quinoa
- Crispy Teriyaki Tofu and Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten Free Vegan Tempura
- Sesame Ginger Tofu with Thai Noodles
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through those links, I will make a small commission.
Ginger Sesame Walnut and Hemp Seed Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- lettuce leaves
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Add chopped walnuts, hemp seeds, dates, cucumber, and carrots. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour for the ingredients to combine.
- Pile mixture into lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.