This spicy vegan Black Bean Hummus Collard Wrap is packed with flavor. You won't miss the bread with this easy meal!
I love meals that have a vegetable substitute like cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, especially when what you're replacing isn't missed.
This is one of my favorite ways to add a vegetable to a meal.
This Black Bean Hummus Collard Wrap can be made ahead of time because the collard greens are so hearty. This wrap is crunchy and loaded with flavor.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's packed with flavor.
- It is healthy and satisfying.
- Collard greens are a healthy alternative to tortillas.
- Collard greens: I like collard greens because they are hearty and can be made into wraps the day before you eat them, but you could use any large lettuce leaves. Boston bib lettuce and Romaine lettuce also work great for wraps.
- Black bean hummus: I used homemade black bean hummus, but you could use another hummus recipe, like my Kalamata Olive Hummus recipe or my Sriracha Hummus recipe. You could also use store-bought hummus.
- Red onion: You could also use green onion, yellow onion, or white onion.
- Red pepper, avocado, and tomatoes: I like the combination of these veggies with the spicy black bean hummus. Use whatever veggies you like.
- Cilantro: I know some people don't like cilantro. You could use parsley, basil, or another herb if you like.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
Step 1: Shave the stem of the collard leaf with a knife. This will make it easier to roll and easier to eat.
Step 2: Spread black bean hummus on the leaf. Top with veggies and cilantro.
Step 3: Roll just like you would a burrito: fold each side over, then tightly roll from the bottom away from you as you tuck in the filling. Slice in half if desired.
Other Recipes With Healthy Swaps
- Vegan Zucchini Rolls
- Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Vegan Jicama Tacos
- Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice with Tofu
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Boston bibb lettuce, Romaine lettuce, and collard greens (technically not in the lettuce family) all work well in a lettuce wrap.
How do you prepare lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps?
For this collard wrap recipe, shave the stem of the collard leaf with a knife. This will make it easier to roll and easier to eat.
Other Lettuce Wraps
If you tried this Black Bean Collard Wrap Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Black Bean Hummus Collard Wrap
- Shave the stem of the collard leaf with a knife. This will make it easier to roll and easier to eat.
- Spread spicy black bean hummus on the inside of a collard wrap. Top with sliced red pepper, red onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Roll just like you would a burrito: fold each side over, then tightly roll from the bottom away from you as you tuck in the filling. Slice in half if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.