These healthy Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies are a delicious low carb treat that you don't have to feel guilty about!
First, I have to admit that I am not a big dessert person, so you will not find as many dessert recipes on Create Mindfully as other types of recipes. Second, these Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies are the very first cookie recipe that I have created - ever!
Not only do I love how these came out, but I came up with them on my birthday. I have to say that I am pretty happy with myself.
The reason that these are low carb (and sugar free) is because I have been eating a vegan keto diet for a few months. (Some of my recent posts are still high carb because I have a large backlog of recipes waiting to be posted.) Since I have been drinking very little wine, I have been craving desserts. Whenever I drink less wine, I crave more sweets.
These vegan almond cookies could be called triple almond cookies because they have almond butter, almond extract, and almond flour.
I have noticed that when you use certain flavors, like almond extract and cinnamon, you don’t need as much sweetener. I used erythritol to sweeten these, but not a lot. Sometimes I use stevia in place of sugar, but to me erythritol tastes more like sugar, so it is a good substitute.
Other Easy Desserts
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Strawberries and Coconut Cream
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
These vegan almond cookies are a treat you'll feel good about!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour super fine or the meal/ flour - both work
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 4 teaspoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds 2 per cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add almond butter and wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Scoop tablespoonful sized balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten and add two slivered almonds per cookie. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
So GOOD!! I added chunks of unsweetened dark chocolate, and they came out amazing. Thank you!
Willow Moon says
Ooh, I gotta try the chocolate chunks next time! Thanks Jess!
I have tried dozens of low carb vegan cookie recipes — it’s a difficult combo to impress even an amateur foodie with.
But these are phenomenal!
My new staple!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Paige! I'm so glad that you like them!