This healthy homemade Blueberry Lemonade Chia Fresca is perfect for a party. It can also be made into a cocktail.
There's just nothing like a glass of lemonade on hot summer days. This Blueberry Lemonade Chia Fresca takes lemonade to a whole new level.
Sweet blueberries are mixed with lemonade and then chia seeds are added for an energy boost. This refreshing healthy drink will quench your thirst during the hottest months of the year.
This is perfect for after a workout to help with hydration. Chia seeds add fiber and protein.
Another lemon chia fresca recipe I made is my Hibiscus Lemonade Chia Fresca.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Blueberries: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. You could also use other berries.
- Lemon juice: I suggest using fresh lemon juice. You could also use lime juice.
- Chia seeds: Adds fiber and protein. You could always leave them out.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, date paste, or your favorite sweetener.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Blend a little water with blueberries until there are no more blueberry chunks.
- Add lemon juice, the rest of the water, maple syrup, and chia seeds.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes so that the chia seeds can get gelatinous.
This chia lemonade will last several days in the fridge.
Ways to Use Chia Seeds
- Chia jam
- Chia pudding
- In a smoothie
- In overnight oats
- Blend a small amount of water with blueberries in a Nutribullet or high-speed blender. If your blender doesn't
break down the blueberries you'll need to strain the mixture.
- After adding the chia seeds let the mixture sit so that the chia seeds get gelatinous.
- If you don't like the texture of chia seeds after trying it, strain them out.
🍋 Other Lemonade Recipes
Move over lemonade, there's a new drink in town! This blueberry lemonade with chia seeds will become the new thirst quenching favorite.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. I love it for blending small amounts like this recipe. I use it daily for my morning smoothie.
Blueberry Lemonade Chia Fresca
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add about half the water and the blueberries to a Nutribullet or blender. Blend until there are no chunks of blueberries.
- Mix the blueberry water with lemon juice, the rest of the water, maple syrup, and chia seeds. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes so that the chia seeds get gelatinous.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply