This healthy Hibiscus Lemonade Chia Fresca will quench your thirst on a hot Summer day. Perfect for a post-workout.
This Hibiscus Lemonade Chia Fresca is a refreshing drink for Summer. It's sweet and tart - just what you want on a hot Summer day to quench your thirst.
Add a little tequila or vodka for a delicious cocktail.
There's just nothing like an ice-cold lemonade on a hot Summer day. This hibiscus drink takes lemonade to the next level.
Hibiscus adds a tart raspberry flavor, and chia seeds add a boost of nutrients. It's perfect for a post-workout treat.
Another hibiscus tea recipe to try is my Agua de Jamaica recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and refreshing.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- It is a healthy drink.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Hibiscus flowers: I found edible hibiscus flowers in the bulk section at my local grocery store.
- Chia seeds: Adds protein and fiber, and gets gelatinous in liquid. They taste great in chia pudding, like my Tropical Chia Pudding recipe.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or sugar.
- Lemon Juice: I used fresh lemon juice. I do not recommend store-bought lemon juice because it contains additives.
Step 1: Boil water. Turn off the heat and add hibiscus flowers. Let steep. Strain flowers and let cool.
Step 2: Add lemon juice.
Step 3: Add maple syrup.
Step 4: Add chia seeds and let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Chia fresca contains protein and fiber.
Chia fresca will last several days in the fridge.
Other Vegan Drinks
If you tried this Hibiscus Lemonade Chia Fresca Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Hibiscus Lemonade Chia Fresca
- Boil water. Turn off heat and add hibiscus flowers. Let steep 10-15 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- Add lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Add chia seeds. Let sit 10-15 minutes so that chia seeds get gelatinous.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.