This spicy Buffalo Tofu Sandwich combines buffalo tofu and creamy ranch dressing for the perfect balance of flavors.
This Buffalo Tofu Sandwich is a hearty meal. You can have this sandwich on the table in about 30 minutes!This spicy Buffalo Tofu Sandwich combines buffalo tofu and creamy ranch dressing for the perfect balance of flavors. Click To Tweet
How to Make a Buffalo Tofu Sandwich
First, cook hot sauce and vegan butter until the vegan butter is melted.
Coat tofu in corn starch and fry in oil until browned. Spread a few tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture on tofu and cook a few minutes more.
Other Vegan Sandwiches
Serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, celery leaves and vegan ranch dressing.
Tips for Making a Buffalo Tofu Sandwich
- When you cook the hot sauce and vegan butter, taste it to see if you want more vegan butter than what’s listed.
- For crispy tofu, coat the tofu in corn starch before frying.
- Add a few tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture after you’ve browned it so that it will cook onto the tofu.
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing for dipping. This helps cool the palate from the spicy hot sauce and balances out the dish.
- Eat with celery sticks and cucumber to help cool the palate even more.
Buffalo Tofu Sandwich Recipe
This vegan sandwich is any easy weeknight meal. It’s perfect for game day!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Buffalo Tofu Sandwich
- 1/2 cup hot sauce - I used jalapeno
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 3 tablespoons corn starch (optional - for crispiness)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 buns - I used millet and chia
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Slices of tomato
- Celery leaves (optional)
- Pour hot sauce and vegan butter into a pan. Heat on stovetop until vegan butter melts. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Slice drained and pressed tofu vertically into 1/3s. Then slice in 1/2. You should have 6 slices. Coat in corn starch.
- Place tofu in a hot pan with olive oil. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add about 3 tablespoonfuls of the hot sauce mixture and cook until coated and cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Place tofu on bun. Spread some of the hot mixture on top. Top with lettuce, tomato slices, and celery leaves. Serve with vegan ranch dressing for dipping.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.