This spicy Buffalo Tofu Sandwich combines buffalo tofu and creamy ranch dressing for the perfect balance of flavors.
This Buffalo Tofu Sandwich is a hearty meal. You can have this sandwich on the table in about 30 minutes!
- First, cook hot sauce and vegan butter until the vegan butter is melted.
- Coat tofu in corn starch and fry in oil until browned. Spread a few tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture on tofu and cook a few minutes more.
- Serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, celery leaves and vegan ranch dressing.
Other Vegan Sandwiches
- When you cook the hot sauce and vegan butter, taste it to see if you want more vegan butter than what's listed.
- For crispy tofu, coat the tofu in corn starch before frying.
- Add a few tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture after you've browned it so that it will cook onto the tofu.
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing for dipping. This helps cool the palate from the spicy hot sauce and balances out the dish.
- Eat with celery sticks and cucumber to help cool the palate even more.
This vegan sandwich is any easy weeknight meal. It's perfect for game day!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Buffalo Tofu Sandwich
- ½ cup hot sauce - I used jalapeno
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 3 tablespoons corn starch (optional - for crispiness)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 buns - I used millet and chia
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Slices of tomato
- Celery leaves (optional)
- Pour hot sauce and vegan butter into a pan. Heat on stovetop until vegan butter melts. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Slice drained and pressed tofu vertically into ⅓s. Then slice in ½. You should have 6 slices. Coat in corn starch.
- Place tofu in a hot pan with olive oil. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add about 3 tablespoonfuls of the hot sauce mixture and cook until coated and cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Place tofu on bun. Spread some of the hot mixture on top. Top with lettuce, tomato slices, and celery leaves. Serve with vegan ranch dressing for dipping.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply