This vegan Buffalo Tofu Salad has spicy buffalo tofu, ranch roasted chickpeas, and hemp ranch dressing. It's perfect for lunch!
This Buffalo Tofu Salad is a hearty meal. It's got spicy buffalo tofu that's crispy on the outside. Then there's crunchy ranch roasted chickpeas and a homemade hemp ranch dressing to cool things off.
How to Make This Recipe
Drain and press tofu. Coat in corn starch and place in a hot pan with olive oil. Fry until golden, then add some hot sauce and cook down.
For the hemp ranch dressing, mix soy or almond milk with hemp hearts, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, paprika, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
For the ranch roasted chickpeas, dry chickpeas and remove as many of the skins as possible with a clean towel. Roll the towel over the chickpeas and the skins will come off and the chickpeas will get dried off at the same time.
Mix the chickpeas with olive oil and roast until they are crispy. Immediately mix with ranch seasoning, which is made up of dried parsley, dried dill, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Layer lettuce in a bowl with chopped celery, ranch roasted chickpeas, and buffalo tofu. Pour hemp ranch on top.
This vegan Buffalo Tofu Salad has spicy buffalo tofu, ranch roasted chickpeas, and hemp ranch dressing. It's perfect for lunch! Click To Tweet
Other Hearty Vegan Salads
- Strawberry and Tofu Feta Salad
- Avocado and Berry Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Taco Salad in A Homemade Tortilla Bowl
- Crispy Tofu Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- When you cook the hot sauce and vegan butter, taste it to see if you want more vegan butter than what's listed.
- Instead of making large slices of tofu like the recipe calls for (which was for a sandwich), cut tofu into small chunks.
- For crispy tofu, coat the tofu in corn starch before frying.
- Add a few tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture after you've browned it so that it will cook onto the tofu.
- To balance the spiciness of the buffalo tofu, add celery, ranch roasted chickpeas, and hemp ranch to the salad. You could use vegan ranch dressing instead of the hemp ranch.
- Sliced cucumber would be a nice addition also.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Buffalo Tofu Salad
- Layer lettuce in a bowl with chopped celery, ranch roasted chickpeas, and buffalo tofu. Pour hemp ranch on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.