These Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps are sweet and savory. They are extremely easy to make and are ready in minutes.
My latest craze has been using walnuts as the star ingredient in main dishes. I first started using them in marinara sauce with shirataki spaghetti noodles.
Then, I added them to Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta and Walnut Sauce.
I really like the crunch they add to a dish. They are also healthy and filling.
These fresh healthy Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps are sweet and savory. They are extremely easy to make and are ready in minutes.
Carrots add a sweet flavor. I added a little maple syrup for a sweet flavor as well. Ginger adds a touch of spice, which goes well with the nutty flavors of walnuts, hemp seeds, and sesame oil.
Other recipes to try are my Vegan Meatballs with Garlic Ginger Sauce or my Vegan Shirataki Pesto Noodles Recipe. A walnuts recipe to try is my Rosemary Walnuts recipe. Another wrap recipe is my Hummus Veggie Collard Wrap.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are healthy, low-carb, and flavorful.
- They are a light lunch.
- They're made in about 10 minutes (excluding marinating time).
- Tamari: I like to use low-sodium gluten-free tamari so that I can control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness and balances the other flavors. You could also use agave syrup or your favorite sweetener.
- Toasted sesame oil: Adds a nutty flavor.
- Brown rice vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. You could also use lime juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Ginger: I used freshly grated ginger. I like to store ginger in the freezer because I never use it all up at once.
- Walnuts: I used walnuts, but you could try this recipe with other nuts.
- Hemp seeds: You could use sesame seeds.
- Dates: Adds sweetness.
- Cucumber: Add a fresh crunchy flavor. I prefer English cucumbers because they are less bitter and have fewer seeds than American cucumbers.
- Carrots: Adds sweetness and crunch.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce, but any large lettuce leaves will work, like Bibb lettuce or Boston lettuce.
- Sesame seeds: Add a nutty flavor.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine.
Step 2: Add chopped walnuts, hemp seeds, dates, cucumber, and carrots. Stir to combine. Let sit for an hour so the flavors meld together.
Step 3: Spoon onto lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Pickled veggies, noodle dishes, and spicy cucumber salad all go well with vegan Asian lettuce wraps.
Romaine lettuce, Bib lettuce, and Boston lettuce are all good choices for these vegan Asian lettuce wraps.
Other Vegan Asian-Inspired Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These healthy low-carb lettuce wraps are packed with flavor using Asian-inspired ingredients. If you are watching your carb intake then this recipe is for you!
Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Add chopped walnuts, hemp seeds, dates, cucumber, and carrots to the sauce. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour for the ingredients to combine.
- Pile mixture into lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.