This spicy creamy Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus comes together in minutes. Why buy hummus, when it is so easy to make your own!
Here is my latest hummus creation - a Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus, the other hummus recipes being Chipotle Hummus and Spicy Black Bean Hummus. It's funny, I just realized that all the hummus I have created so far have some heat in them. I do like spicy foods, so I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise to me.
Of the three hummus, I would say that this is the least spicy. Yes, there is a bit of a kick, but mildly so. Of course there is jalapeño, and I added some cumin as well.
This dip would go great with my Spicy Flax Crackers, which also have jalapeño. This is a perfect dip for a party or potluck. You may want to make a double batch, because it is so good!
Hummus is about the easiest condiment that you can make. It literally takes a few minutes to make, especially once you know how you like your basic hummus, which is how I always start mine. So after I have my base ingredients, I add in the flavors that I like.
Other Spicy Recipes
- Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chili Hummus Tostadas
- Vegan Green Corn Tamales
- Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos
- Garbanzo beans: Adds the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Tahini: Also a traditional hummus ingredient. Adds a nutty sesame flavor.
- Jalapeño: Adds a spicy flavor. If you don't like a lot of spice you could leave out the seeds and ribs or use less. For more spice you could use a serrano pepper.
- Cilantro: Adds a fresh citrusy flavor. I know for some people it tastes like soap. If that's the case for you, leave it out or use fresh parsley instead.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Cumin: Adds a warm spice flavor.
- Water: To thin it out.
- Olive oil: Adds creaminess.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
How to Make This Recipe
Mix garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, olive oil, water, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, and cumin in a food processor until creamy.
How Long Will Hummus Last?
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ways To Use Hummus
- tortilla pizza
Serve this spicy hummus at your next party and watch it disappear. You should probably make extra since it will go so fast.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I've had this food processor for years. It is one of my most used appliances. I highly recommend it if you're in the market for one.
Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- ¾ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.