These Spicy Flax Crackers are packed with flavor and nutrition. They will be the hit of the party!
I will definitely be making these again. I think they are my favorite flax cracker recipe so far.
Flax crackers are really good for you, containing fiber and omega-3. The ones found in the natural food stores cost around $7 for a 4 oz. bag. Since they are so easy to make, why not make your own?
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They are simple and easy to make.
- They are perfect for eating with your favorite dip.
- They are dehydrated so they keep their nutrients.
- Flaxseeds and chia seeds: Get gelatinous when you add a liquid to them.
- Jalapeño: Adds spice. For less spice remove the seeds and ribs.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Yellow bell peppers and green bell pepper: I happen to have them on hand. You could use other veggies instead.
- Cumin and cayenne pepper: Add a smoky spicy flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Serrano pepper for more spice
- Red pepper
- Chipotle pepper for a smoky spicy flavor
- Chili pepper
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Soak chia seeds and flax seeds for at least an hour to get gelatinous. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.
Step 2: Mix the vegetable mixture with soaked seeds. Spread the mixture onto Teflon sheets or parchment and put on dehydrator tray. Add sliced jalapeño on top (not shown).
Step 3: Score with a knife so that when they are done dehydrating, you can break them apart easily. Dehydrate for 24-28 hours, or until crispy.
Other Vegan Cracker Recipes
If you tried this Spicy Flax Crackers Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Spicy Flax Crackers
- Soak flaxseeds and chia seeds in water for at least 15 minutes, until the seeds soak up the water, and get gelatinous.
- Mix jalapeño, crushed garlic, yellow peppers, green pepper, and spices in a food processor.
- Add soaked flax seeds to the vegetable mixture. Spread on Teflon sheets.
- Slice jalapeño and put on top of crackers (if using), pushing them down into mixture.
- Score the mix with a knife making lines in the crackers to make squares.
- Dehydrate at 105°F for 24 - 28 hours. You could cook these at a higher temperature and they would be done faster. I prefer low temperatures so that the crackers keep more nutrients and enzymes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.